The ESMO-MCBS consists of 5 evaluation forms.
Choosing which form to use depends on the information available in the peer reviewed publication of the clinical trial that led to the licensed indication of the treatment you’re interested in. The type of study will dictate which evaluation form to use. If you wish to learn more about the evaluation process, check the ESMO-MCBS online tutorials.
The highest grade of the ESMO-MCBS is A in the curative setting and this is restricted to new curative treatments with a grade B also to be considered to trigger rapid reimbursement. For non-curative indications 5 is the highest possible grade with 4 also to be considered to trigger rapid consideration for reimbursement.
ESMO-MCBS V1.1 – Evaluation Forms
Evaluation form 1 For new approaches to adjuvant therapy or new potentially curative therapies
Evaluation form 2a For therapies that are not likely to be curative with primary endpoint of OS with separate sheets for:
- IF median OS with the standard treatment is ≤12 months
- IF median OS with the standard treatment is >12 months, ≤24 months
- IF median OS with the standard treatment is >24 months
Evaluation form 2b For therapies that are not likely to be curative with primary endpoint PFS with separate sheets for:
- IF median PFS with standard treatment is ≤6 months
- IF median PFS with standard treatment is >6 months