The Specialized Universal Network of Oncology centre (SUN) was established in 2008, as the first comprehensive private cancer care centre in Alexandria, Egypt. SUN has a dedicated multidisciplinary team of highly trained medical and paramedical staff, providing high quality Oncology Care covering a full scope of diagnosis and treatment, all delivered according to the most recent treatment guidelines. SUN is now offering its services to patients from all over Egypt and internationally.
The SUN centre provides cancer care service to more than 100 patients every day, with the capacity for 10 inpatients and 25 day care patients, and many out patient’s clinics. With approximately 2,500 new cancer patients registered every year.
The SUN team consists of 25 certified physicians in different specialities dedicated to the care of cancer patients: Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Paediatric Oncologists, Haematologists, Palliative care, Internal Medicine, Pain Management, Nutrition, Psychiatry, and Infection Control. Along with 8 certified Clinical Pharmacists and 8 certified Nurses. Radiological and laboratory services are available on site. SUN staff are always enthusiastic to train young professionals.
Chemotherapy Unit: equipped with all the needed facilities for safe and accurate delivery of chemotherapy for (e.g. Electronic Infusion Pumps, Scalp Coolers) chemotherapy is delivered by highly trained specialized nurses and continuously supervised with certified Medical Oncologist
Out-patient’s Clinics: providing its services to more than 70 patients’ everyday, through high calibre certified Cancer Specialists and Consultants, 10 different clinics are available (Medical Oncology, Haematology, Internal Medicine, Paediatric Oncology, Interventional Oncology, Cancer Screening, Palliative Care Service, Pain Management, Psycho-Oncology and Nutrition).
Radiological and Laboratory: services are available on site, providing diagnostic services as well as minor interventional procedures.
SUN is offering a full range of Cancer Care services including diagnosis and treatment for patients with Solid and Haematological malignancies.
SUN is known for the unique experience of its consultants and Specialists in management of all types of cancer, offering wide range of specialities such as:
- Medical Oncology
- Paediatric Oncology
- Pain Management
- Cancer Nutrition
- Cancer Screening
- Haematological Malignancies
- Palliative Care
- Interventional Oncology
Palliative and Supportive Care
- SUN Palliative Care Unit incorporates expert Medical and Nursing staff. Care is delivered by two Consultant Oncologists and one Palliative Care Consultant.
- Palliative Care is also supported by a Physiotherapist, Nutrition Specialist, Psycho-Oncology Specialist, Pain Management Specialist and 2 specialized Nurses.
- SUN Palliative Care Unit provides all the services that patients might need, including home visits by a specialized Home Health Care Team.
- Patient Education and awareness, both on patient basis and on mass basis through regularly organized awareness meetings for the patients and their care givers.
Dr Yasser El Kerm