IPOR Instituto Peruano de Oncología & Radioterapia is a peruvian cancer treatment center with more than 20 years of experience committed to comprehensive cancer control through oncological services, research, talent development and biosafety measures, oriented towards quality and continuous improvement; focused on the well-being of patients and their families. Our infrastructure, medical equipment with the most modern technology, highly specialized professionals, clinical research center and international accreditations, gives us a position of a leading institution in the country.
- Medical team and healthcare staff with extensive experience and professional experience.
- Advanced oncological equipment and modern infrastructure located in an accessible site in Lima, Peru.
- Teaching headquarters for specialists in oncology and radiotherapy (Ricardo Palma University - Approved by CONAREME)
- Treatments based on international guidelines from the NCCN, ESMO, ASCO, ASTRO and ASH.
- Professionals trained to service patients whose mother tongue is not Spanish.
IPOR is oriented to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer; developing and directing the treatment plan for each patient according to the pathology and derived complications. Within this specialty we provide the following services:
- Biological Therapy
- Pediatric Oncology
- Hormone Therapy
- Preparation of oncological infusions with laminar flow cabinet
- Other specific procedures
Additionally, IPOR provides specialized supervision of Oncological Nutritional and Psychology focused on patient well-being.
At IPOR we have modern comprehensive cancer treatments based on various specialized techniques for each diagnosis including:
- 2D Radiotherapy
- 3D Radiotherapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS),
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Total Body Irradiation (TBI)
- HDR Brachytherapy
- Palliative Care
- Oncological Nutrition
- Oncological Psychology
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Home Care and Treatment (Special Care)
IPOR Research Center
A national and international research center reference for cancer treatments. It has active study protocols in charge of a highly qualified professional team. Additionally, it is an approved reference center for radiotherapy research. Through self-financing and sponsorship of the pharmaceutical industry, cancer clinical trials are carried out. Finally, the center is part of the Latin American Cooperative Oncology Group (LACOG), whose goal is to build and foster a network of Latin American researchers in oncology facilitating clinical research.
Palliative and Supportive Care
Oncologists refer their patients to the palliative medicine service. This information is recorded in the medical chart. The patient should attend the service accompanied by a relative, the oncologist maintains at all times a close communication about the patient's condition with the family. We also provide to the inpatient pain therapy, home care, and these are supplemented by educational activities on topics of interest to the patient and family. Self-help groups and complementary activities such as yoga are also provided. Close communication and coordination is maintained permanently. Staff determines the specialised treatment of any medical complications, emission of prescription and respective indications according to the patient's requirements by medical specialty and pathology associated with cancer. Specialised medical examination procedures and specific techniques determine the continuity or modification of the treatment as appropriate. The evaluation of patients receiving palliative care is conducted by an interdisciplinary team.
Last update: April 2021