The Hospital Arnau de Vilanova (HAV) of Valencia, named after one of the most outstanding medical doctors of the Middle Ages (born in 1238 in Valencia), was founded in 1970. It’s projected a new surgical building, which is going to include a new day hospital for up to 35 oncological patients. It is integrated in the National Health Service as a University Hospital. HAV and its partner Hospital de Lliria (HLL) constitutes the Arnau-Lliria Health Department and work as a unit.
- Covers a population of 311,000 habitants in an area of 223,7 Km2
- 338 beds plus 120 additional beds in HLL.
- 12 operating theatres plus 6 additional operating theatres in HLL
- Intensive Care Unit with 12 beds.
- Medical Day Hospital with 4 beds and 16 armchairs.
- Surgical Day Hospital with 11 beds and 8 armchairs.
- Oncology ward with 12 assigned beds but using far more.
- Home Care Unit with more than 10,000 visits a year.
- Radiology Unit with ultrasound, mammography, CT scan and MRI.
- 5 Multidisciplinary Tumour Committees.
- Many phases II and III on-going therapeutic trials.
- Teaching Hospital for residents (up to 5 in oncology) and linked to University.
Oncology in which we treat every kind of tumour, Cardiology, Haematology, Pneumology, Psychiatry, Digestive Medicine, Internal Medicine, Intensive Medicine, Short Stay Unit, Surgery, Gynaecology, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Othorhinolaryngology, Traumathology, and Urology. The other Specialities are provided by our reference hospital, Hospital La Fe.
Palliative and Supportive Care
Last update: June 2022