The Alfa Cure Center is widely recognised as the best scientifically reputable leading comprehensive centre of oncology and palliative care in the Middle East.
The Alfa Cure Center was founded with a mission to enhance and implement Cancer prevention, early diagnosis, multidisciplinary oncological treatment, rehabilitation and palliative care as well as cancer education and awareness for patients, caregivers, public, and health care professionals.
The Alfa Cure Center team includes 15 medical oncologists and haematological oncologists, 10 radiotherapy-oncologists as well as a reputable team of nurses, palliative care physician and radiologist. Our statistics of the outpatient clinic show that the centre receive on average 80 cases per day, and nearly 3000 new patients per year.
Our Cancer Center includes 22 dedicated bed for day care in our chemotherapy administration unit, as well as 20 inpatient beds in most reputable hospitals in Cairo, Heliopolis, Nasr City and other places, to provide our patient with the best care close to their residency with complete close follow up and care from our team. The patient therefore has access to different inpatient services as well as outpatient services such as the Mobile Palliative Team and the outpatient clinic from the division of Oncology. Psychologists, physical therapists, and social workers are integral parts in both services. The Alfa Cure Center has various departments including:
- The Main Clinic where patients are seen by one of the our assistant physicians taking their medical sheet and history. They are then seen by the primary care physician for examination and decision making.
- Chemotherapy unit
- Palliative Medicine Unit including a team of high calibre healthcare professionals.
- Radiology centre: patients may visit our imaging centre in Alfa Cure Centre equipped with state-of-the-art workstations or many other reputable radiology centres in Cairo.
- Laboratory unit: patients are free to visit our own laboratory providing patients with the best service and timely results or he can visit one of the many reputable laboratory centres in Egypt.
- Radiation Oncology Unit: patients in need for Radiotherapy, undergo sessions under the supervision of our team of radiation oncologists in one of our partner radiation centres equipped with state of art, Linear accelerator, CT simulator, CT planning system for 3DCRT.
- International experts: we periodically hire in our centre some high calibre International Experts to see our patients and provide them with expert consultation. Some of the international experts that we have had the honour to meet in our center: Prof. Philippe Rougier, Prof. Hanz-Joachim Schmoll, Prof. Marc Spielmann, Prof. Ricardo Alvarez, Prof. Moise Namer, and Prof. Ahmad Kaseb.
We try to have a social role by improving the patient and normal population's general knowledge about cancer preventive programmes, early diagnosis and the most recent treatment lines, answering their frequently asked questions through timely arranged lectures in our center and by being in contact with them through online social networks (e.g. Facebook).
Areas of Specialisation
The Alfa Cure Center provides comprehensive, personalised care to every oncology patient. Every patient has his or her own team of physicians, nurses, social workers, physical therapists, nutritionists, and more that provide care throughout the treatment and healing process. The team works to make sure that the care regimen fits in with the patient's - and the family's - needs.
The Center's team of medical practitioners includes many specialists, each with a specific area of expertise within the oncology field. Diagnosis and treatment as well as survivor/long term follow-up programmes. Encouraging each provider to specialise in certain diseases has allowed the Center's team to collectively keep up with the latest advancements in the treatment of cancer and haematologic disorders. As a result, the Center is able to provide top-notch, cutting edge care to all of its patients.
We have a collaboration between the different medical specialities to provide the best care and service for the patient:
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Palliative Care
- Pain Clinic
- Vascular surgery
- Psychosocial Care and Psychiatry
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Imaging Services including Interventional Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
- Laboratory and Research Unit
Palliative and Supportive Care
Palliative and supportive care is an essential component of our high-quality cancer programme, including pain management, psycho-oncology structures, spiritual support and symptom control for cancer patients. Services are provided by a multidisciplinary team of physicians, psychologists and psychiatrists, radiotherapists, surgeons, anaesthetists, nurses, paramedics and volunteers ensuring the best palliative and supportive care to our patients.
116 el nozha street , Triumph square, Heliopolis, Cairo
Phone : +2 01101142124 / +2 01101142125
5 Gameet Eldewel street, mohandeseen, Cairo
Phone : +2 01101142121 / +2 01101142120
127 el Horia road, Foaad street Bab shark, Alexandria
Phone : +2 01101142127 / +2 01101142127
Latest update: March 2021