Training Experience Required
- Speciality in medical oncology, haematology or radiation oncology
- Italian Speaking and English Speaking
- Medical Oncology, haematology, radiation oncology and palliative care
- Diagnosis, treatment and research in solid tumours and haematological malignancies
- Clinical research unit, dedicated to the planning and conduct of clinical trials
- New Drugs Development Unit dedicated to phase I-II clinical trials
- Strong connections with the laboratories of the Institute of Oncology Research (IOR)
The Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland is one of the largest clinical research centres in Switzerland. The three main areas of clinical research comprise new drugs development, lymphoproliferative diseases (lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukaemia) and prostate cancer. Other areas of development in clinical research include breast, lung and gastrointestinal cancer.
The IOSI has an excellent history of collaborating with both the pharmaceutical industry and non-for-profit academic organizations. Of particular relevance are the collaborations with the IOR and with the Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research (SAKK). We have a central role in the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences of the Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI).
- Clinical Research Unit with dedicated staff and structured organisation.
- New Drugs development Unit for the conduct of phase I trials including first in human phase I trials.
- Possibility of joint programme with the laboratories.
Last update: February 2021