- The manuscript ‘ESMO-Magnitude of Clinical Benefit Scale for Haematological Malignancies (ESMO-MCBS:H) Version 1.0’ has been published in June 2023.
- The manuscript ‘Methodological and reporting standards for quality-of-life data eligible for European Society for Medical Oncology-Magnitude of Clinical Benefit Scale (ESMO-MCBS) credit' has been published in December 2022.
- The manuscript ‘ Off-label despite high-level evidence: a clinical practice review of commonly used off-patent cancer medicines’ has been published in November 2022.
- The editorial "The first ones now, will later be last": understanding the importance of historical context when reading ESMO-MCBS scores has been published in March 2022.
- The manuscript 'Biases in study design, implementation, and data analysis that distort the appraisal of clinical benefit and ESMO-Magnitude of Clinical Benefit Scale (ESMO-MCBS) scoring' has been published in June 2021.
- The ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines, when relevant, include cancer medicines which have received FDA approval. Following this decision, the ESMO-MCBS Scorecards are now available with also medicines approved not only by the EMA but also by the FDA (retrospectively from January 2020).
- The manuscript 'EHA evaluation of the ESMO- Magnitude of Clinical Benefit Scale version 1.1 (ESMO-MCBS v1.1) for hematological malignancies' has been published In January 2020.
- The ESMO-MCBS v1.1 has been enriched with newly designed forms
- Creation of a factsheet and a booklet to facilitate the understating of the ESMO-MCBS
- The WHO Expert Committee on Selection and Use of Medicines acknowledge in the Report 22nd WHO Expert Committee on the 2019 Selection and Use of Essential Medicines the role of the ESMO-MCBS as a screening tool to identify cancer treatments that have potential therapeutic value that warrants full evaluation for EML listing
- The ESMO Scorecards was created in October 2018, providing a centralised location of cancer medicines that have been scored using the most current version of the ESMO-MCBS and published by ESMO.
- ESMO and ASCO publish Joint Assessment of their value frameworks in December 2018 in the Journal of Clinical Oncology "Comparative Assessment of Clinical Benefit Using the ESMO-Magnitude of Clinical Benefit Scale Version 1.1 and the ASCO Value Framework Net Health Benefit Score"
- The revised ESMO-MCBS v1.1 which incorporates 10 revisions and allows for scoring of single-arm studies was published in September 2017 in Annals of Oncology
- The "Detailed statistical assessment of the characteristics of the ESMO Magnitude of Clinical Benefit Scale (ESMO-MCBS) threshold rules" was published in October 2017 in ESMO Open
- "ESMO - Magnitude of Clinical Benefit Scale v1.0 questions and answers" was published in October 2016 in ESMO Open
- Two corrections to the original article have been published. View the corrigendum on Annals of Oncology
- Manuscript “A standardised, generic, validated approach to stratify the magnitude of clinical benefit that can be anticipated from anti-cancer therapies: the European Society for Medical Oncology Magnitude of Clinical Benefit Scale (ESMO-MCBS)” published in Annals of Oncology
- The ESMO-MCBS has been presented on a number of occasions