Discover some of the many ESMO Designated Centres Working Group achievements over the past 20 years.
- 7th ESMO Designated Centres Community Session and Awards during ESMO 2022, Paris, France: Where are we going and what’s next
- ESMO Designated Centres (DC) pre-seminar workshop during the PRC seminar in Krems, on 23-25 October 2019
- 6th ESMO Designated Centres Community Session and Awards during ESMO 2019, Barcelona, Spain: Community brainstorming on key areas
- 5th ESMO Designated Centres Community Session and Awards during ESMO 2018, Munich, Germany: Improving research, education and clinical practice in oncology and palliative care
- 4th ESMO Designated Centres Community Session and Awards during ESMO 2017, Madrid, Spain
- 3rd ESMO Designated Centres Community Session and Awards during ESMO 2016, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2nd ESMO Designated Centres Session and Awards during ECC 2015, Vienna, Austria.
- 67th World Health Assembly adopts the "Strengthening of palliative care as a component of integrated treatment throughout the life course" resolution. ESMO, UICC, NCD Alliance and other endorsing partners issue palliative care statement at WHA.
- 10th Anniversary of the ESMO Designated Centres Programme with 160 centres worldwide currently accredited.
- ESMO supports World Cancer Day 2012 - Essential medicines for all!
- The World Health Organization (WHO) revised edition of the Guidance for Availability and Accessibility of Controlled Medicines supports the work of the ESMO international collaborative project on the availability and barriers to access of opioids. Nathan Cherny, Chair of the ESMO Palliative Care Working Group, comments on the importance of the WHO Guide and its relevance for medical oncologists.
- Revision of the 13 criteria for the ESMO Designated Centres of Integrated Oncology and Palliative Care programme
- Launch of the ESMO Palliative Care Fellowship in 2006
- ESMO 'Designated Centre' in integrated oncology and palliative care programme launched in 2003
- Workshop on palliative care
- ESMO Palliative Care Working Group established in 1999