Continually focused on our goals of advancing medical oncology and promoting a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatment and care, ESMO also prepares position papers on important issues related to cancer research, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure.
Recognised as an authoritative voice and a reference point in the fight against cancer, ESMO is pleased to offer consultative expertise to oncology organisations and European authorities.
ESMO also addresses issues on a political level related to the practice and profession of medical oncology.
Read our latest Position Papers and editorials
- Global cancer control: responding to the growing burden, rising costs and inequalities in access Published on ESMO Open, February 2018
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) position paper on supportive and palliative care Published on Annals of Oncology, January 2018
- The ESMO position paper on biosimilars in oncology: enhancing the provision of accurate education and information Published on ESMO Open, July 2017
- ESMO and WHO: 14 years of working in partnership on cancer control Published on ESMO Open, May 2016
- Back to the 'essence' of medical treatment in oncology: the 2015 WHO Model List of Essential Medicines Published on ESMO Open, March 2016
- ESMO-EORTC: An ESMO-EORTC position paper on the EU Clinical Trials Regulation and EMA's Transparency Policy: Making European research more competitive again Published in Annals of Oncology, March 2015
- Rare Cancers Europe: Methodological recommendations for clinical studies in rare cancers: a European consensus position paper Published in Annals of Oncology, October 2014
- ESMO: Risk of the New EU Data Protection Regulation: an ESMO position paper endorsed by the European oncology community Published in Annals of Oncology, August 2014
- ESMO: Delivering Precision Medicine in Oncology Today and in Future – promises and challenges of delivering personalised cancer medicine Published in Annals of Oncology, June 2014