LUGANO, Switzerland – The ESMO World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer, the annual event dedicated to the presentation and discussion of new findings in GI cancer treatment, research and care, will be held as a fully onsite event in Barcelona, Spain, from 29 June to 2 July 2022.
- Quality-of-life from the patient’s point of view: the importance to include QoL data in clinical trials and treatment plans
Related content: Abstracts P124, P144, P84, SO18
- The need to focus on prevention and screening of colorectal cancer at a younger age to adapt to a shifting pattern
Related content: Abstracts SO24, SO37
- Moving towards sustainability by re-thinking the intensification of CRC treatment
Related content: Abstract O6
- Setting new boundaries in biomarker analysis to facilitate GI cancers diagnosis
Related content: Abstracts SO19, SO7, SO8
- Practical guidance to realise improved outcomes in HER2-positive gastrointestinal cancers with targeted agents
Related content: Session taking place on Friday 1 July 2022, 13:40 CEST
- Immunotherapy: new applications and treatment regimes in GI cancer
Related content: Abstracts LBA1, O1, O3
- Advancing practices and facing new challenges in biliary tract cancer care
Related content: Session taking place on Wednesday 29 June 2022, 11:15 CEST
- NGS applications to detect molecular changes in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma
Related content: Session taking place on Wednesday 29 June 2022, 13:30 CEST
- Continuum of care in hepatocellular carcinoma through multidisciplinary management
Related content: Session taking place on Thursday 30 June 2022, 13:05 CEST
- “New mechanistic opportunities for antibodies” by Josep Tabernero, Friday 1 July 2022, 09:30-09:55 CEST
- “Targeting the HER-2 pathway in GI cancer” by Andrea Sartore-Bianchi, Friday 1 July 2022, 09:55-10:20 CEST
The results of more than 300 studies from various parts of the world will be presented and published online as a supplement of Annals of Oncology. The abstract titles can be viewed through the online programme.
The ESMO World GI organisers welcome media interested in obtaining information and reporting on cancer issues. Accredited media representatives will be able to access scientific and educational sessions as well as embargoed material only by applying for accreditation through the media registration form.
ESMO World GI Press Office
Notes to Editors
Please make sure to use the official name of the meeting in your reports: ESMO World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer 2022
Official Congress Hashtag: #WorldGI2022
Follow the conversation on Twitter, LinkedIn and watch video material on YouTube
The ESMO World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer represents the year’s premier gathering of international oncology professionals, discussing the latest emerging data and new research in this rapidly advancing scientific field and dedicated to improving the lives of patients impacted by diseases of the GI tract.