LUGANO, Switzerland – The ESMO Breast Cancer Congress 2022, the annual event dedicated to advancing the science, disseminating education and improving the practice of breast cancer specialists worldwide, will focus this year on integrating translational research for innovative clinical practice.
The event will be held onsite in Berlin, Germany, and online, through a virtual platform, between 3-5 May 2022.
- De-intensification treatment strategies for comparably-efficacious and better quality of life in selected patients with triple negative breast cancer or with early breast cancer and positive lymph nodes
- New technologies to make patient-reported outcomes a reality in clinical practice and help patients live longer as well as better
- Personalised risk-stratified screening to mark the end of the one-size-fits-all standard mammogram
- Antibody-drug conjugates: new frontiers and new therapeutic spaces for the treatment of breast cancer
- Starving cancer cells without starving patients: new therapeutic avenues of metabolic drug development for breast cancer
- Health education to promote healthy lifestyles and integration of eHealth to facilitate the process of psycho-social rehabilitation
- Comprehensive bio-behavioural approach to tackle toxicities and quality of life deterioration after breast cancer
- “What we have learned from neoadjuvant therapy, and what not” by Sibylle Loibl, 2022 ESMO Breast Cancer Award recipient, 3 May 2022, 13:10-13:40 CEST
- “Optimising adjuvant treatment in HR+/HER2 negative early breast cancer” by Joseph Sparano, 3 May 2022, 15:40-16:10 CEST
- “How shall our knowledge of cancer evolution transform breast oncology?” by Charles Swanton, 4 May 2022, 14:10-14.40 CEST
The results of more than 200 studies from various parts of the world will be presented either as oral, mini oral or poster presentations, and published online as a supplement of Annals of Oncology. The abstract titles can be viewed through the online programme.
ESMO welcomes media interested in obtaining information and reporting on cancer issues. Only through the official accreditation process with the media registration form, accredited media representatives will be able to access scientific and educational sessions, e-posters, virtual exhibition and industry satellite symposia, Congress webcasts, as well as embargoed material.
ESMO Press Office