Lugano, Switzerland - Nearly 25,000 participants from all over the world are expected in Munich, Germany, between 19-23 October to attend the leading international oncology event in Europe, the ESMO 2018 Congress: professionals representing various oncology disciplines, healthcare policy makers, patient advocates, pharmaceutical companies, international media representatives.
The ESMO 2018 Scientific Committee, an impressive team of more than 300 international experts, have designed a truly remarkable programme spanning basic research to the latest discoveries in immunotherapy of cancer, from oncology nursing to palliative care, from rare cancers to approval of medicines.
Topics to look out for:
- Immunotherapy of cancer: including future perspectives, new biomarkers for response to immunotherapy and management of toxicities
- Biomarkers: a growing area of research, because of a need to better understand who is likely to benefit from individual treatments and who is not
- Disease oriented sessions: presentation of state of the art and future perspectives on the major organ-based diseases
- Supportive care: advances in patient-centred care to improve quality of life from diagnosisand throughout the continuum of treatment
- Health policy: sessions focusing on critical issues impacting doctors and patients alike, including, among others, affordability and sustainability of cancer drugs, global surveillance, equal access to anti-cancer drugs, use of Big Data and different approaches to qualify clinical benefit in oncology
- Translational research: applying findings from basic science to medical practice for meaningful outcomes
- Basic research: understanding of the molecular biology underlying the development of cancer is a first important step to equip clinicians to improve outcomes for patients
Also, keep an eye on the Keynote Lectures:
- Mutation signatures and targeting the DNA damage response - Steve Jackson, UK on 20 October at 08:15
- How do we manipulate the tumour microenvironment for immunotherapy? - Thomas Gajewski, US on 21 October at 08:15
- Beyond resistance in immuno-oncology - Antoni Ribas, US on 22 October at 08:15
ESMO Press Programme
The official ESMO 2018 Press Programme will be confirmed after review and acceptance of submitted abstracts. Details will be progressively uploaded here.
ESMO welcomes media interested in reporting from the ESMO events and on cancer issues in general. Media representatives are required to observe and abide by the ESMO Media Policy, which applies to all ESMO events.
To register for the event, please fill out the Complimentary Media Registration Form. Media registration in advance is strongly recommended (deadline: 12 October 2018).
On-site staff will be ready to assist and facilitate one-on-one interviews with researchers and key opinion leaders.
Meeting venue and accommodation
The ESMO 2018 Congress will take place at the Munich Messe.
As Munich is a highly popular tourist destination, we advise you to book your hotel accommodation as soon as possible. Please be aware of fraudulent websites offering Accommodation Services for the ESMO 2018 Congress.
K.I.T. Group GmbH is the only accommodation agency authorised by ESMO to book rooms for ESMO 2018.
We look forward to welcoming you in Munich!
ESMO Press Office Team
Tel: +41 (0)91 973 19 04