Setting up your Annals of Oncology ESMO membership account
Subscription to Annals of Oncology - printed and online version - is included in your ESMO membership fee.
Note: if you are an oncology nurse member or benefit from Developing Country fee, you only have online access and will not receive the paper version of Annals of Oncology.
Instructions for printed version
- As an ESMO member, Annals of Oncology will automatically be delivered to the address you specified in myESMO. If you would like it delivered elsewhere, e.g. your home address, please enter this address as ‘delivery address’ in myESMO.
- If you move institute/hospital or private address, please remember to update your details in myESMO to avoid disruption.
- Please allow at least 4-6 weeks after membership payment to receive your first issue of Annals of Oncology.
- If you do not receive Annals of Oncology as expected or if the mailing is disrupted, please contact us (select category ‘Annals of Oncology’) – see also Q & A: “I no longer receive Annals of Oncology – what should I do?
Instructions for online version
Just like your printed version of Annals of Oncology (if applicable to your membership category) is linked to your ESMO membership so is your internet subscription. To benefit from the online version of Annals of Oncology, which also includes access to the complete online archive, you first need to activate the online access to your subscription.
- Set up your account on Oxford University Press (OUP): Go to the My Account page on the OUP website you will be required to choose a username and password (we recommend you use the same as for your myESMO account, for ease of use). Then, complete the form as required stating your delivery address (be it your work address or a new specified address).
- Log in with your newly-created account and activate your subscriber number: Click on 'Manage your subscriptions' and enter your subscriber number in the box provided. Read and check the box for the individual user agreement. Your 8 digit OUP subscriber number is stated in one of your welcome messages from ESMO and on the address label of your printed copy. It may be preceded by '0000'.
- Accessing online content: In order to access journal articles, simply go to the Annals of Oncology page on the OUP website and start browsing. If you are prompted for a username and password at any point, please enter the details you chose in step one.
Your account is now activated and you can access Annals directly from the ESMO website or via OncologyPRO
To sign up for eTOCs (email table of contents alerts) where you will be notified each time a new issue is published online, go to My Account and select ‘view alerting preferences’, then select the eTOCs option.
To register for Advance Access alerts which allows you to receive email notifications of the latest articles published online ahead of appearing in print, go to My Account.
Not finding what you are looking for? Please contact us, selecting ‘Annals of Oncology’ as category and specify the nature of your query. Please quote your ESMO member ID and/or your OUP subscriber number. Note that queries be responded to directly by Oxford University Press Costumer Services.
I don’t want Annals of Oncology to be sent to the hospital – how can I receive it at home?
In myESMO, you can enter a delivery address, which means that even though your institute/hospital address remains your main address in your profile, you will receive your journal a the delivery address you specify, e.g. your home address
I have moved to a new institute/private address – how do I inform you as to keep receiving Annals of Oncology?
Please update your myESMO profile with your new address as quickly as possible in order to avoid disruption.
I no longer receive Annals of Oncology – what should I do?
There could be several reasons for this. Please check the following:
- Has your ESMO membership lapsed? Your subscription is linked to your membership, you may experience a disruption in the mailing of Annals of Oncology if you let your membership lapse for a period (i.e. if you fail to renew your membership when it expires)
- Have you moved hospital/private address? If you have forgotten to update your postal address (default or specified delivery address) please update them in myESMO and contact us (select category ‘Annals of Oncology’) to let us know the date of the last issue you received)
- Has your membership category changed? Your new status might mean that you are no longer entitled to a print copy of Annals of Oncology
If none of the above applies to your situation, please contact us (select category ‘Annals of Oncology’) and let us know for how long you have not received the journal (last issue received)
I cannot access Annals of Oncology online – what am I doing wrong?
Please make sure that you have followed the steps above to activate your subscription. If this is the case, please contact us (select category ‘Annals of Oncology’) preferably including a screenshot of any error messages in the request
I can benefit from Developing Countries fee, but I would prefer to receive a paper copy of Annals of Oncology
In order to receive a paper copy of Annals of Oncology, you can select the full membership instead of the Developing Countries discounted fee, in order to be entitled to the paper version of the journal.
I prefer to access and read Annals of Oncology online via OncologyPRO, and don’t need the paper version – how can I unsubscribe the paper version?
Unsubscribing from the paper version is unfortunately not an option; you will receive it by default if you are entitled. If you are not interested in your paper copy, we recommend you to maintain the delivery address at your institute/hospital and let your colleagues benefit from your journal instead.
I’m missing a few issues (e.g. because I let my membership lapse) – can I receive them still?
Missing issues can be claimed from OUP for up to four months after the issue was published in print. If you let your membership lapse for more than two months, or if your issues were not received for more than two months because you did not update your address in myESMO then we may not be able to replace multiple missing isssues, but you will still have online access to those back issues.
When journal copies are returned to OUP as ‘undeliverable at this address’, your print subscription will be suspended by OUP and ESMO is informed. In this scenario your online subscription will continue for the duration of your membership and you can reinstate your print subscription by correcting your address in myESMO.
I am looking for an old article that appeared in Annals of Oncology years ago – how can I obtain it?
Your online access included in your membership fees also gives access to the complete online archive of Annals of Oncology going back to the mid 90’s – browse the archive
I have online access to other journals from Oxford University Press – do I still need to do the online access activation?
Yes, if your other online access does not include a subscription to Annals of Oncology. You can log in using your existing OUP ‘My Account’ and simply click ‘Manage my subscriptions’ and enter your Annals of Oncology subscriber number.
I have forgotten my OUP ‘My Account’ password – what do I do?
Use the forgotten password service on the OUP website