You can apply for ESMO Membership online or at the ESMO Membership Services Desks at events.
Before you get started, you must have a myESMO account.
You will have a myESMO account if you have participated at an ESMO organised event in the past.
Once you have created your account you will be sent an email which contains your username and the validation link in order for you to set your password and activate your account.
When you have done this, you will arrive on your myESMO profile page.
Click on the Become a Member button on the top right of your screen to apply.
At ESMO Membership Services Desks at events
If you are attending an oncology event where ESMO is present, please visit the ESMO Membership Services booth and apply for membership directly onsite.
Before you apply be sure you have everything you need!
Membership application checklist:
- If sponsored by an ESMO member you will need their Last name and ESMO ID
- If you are a medical doctor, and member of a European national medical oncology society, check and see if you are eligible to receive a discount on your membership fee,
- If you are not sponsored or a Member of a society with which we have a membership agreement, you will be asked to upload your updated Curriculum Vitae in English in Word or PDF format,
- If you are a Patient Advocate, you will need to upload your Curriculum Vitae and a letter from the patient advocacy organisation confirming that you are affiliated with them – in Word or PDF format,
- If you are a Nurse you will need to upload your Curriculum Vitae in Word or PDF format,
- If you are a Basic Scientist, Statistician, Data Specialist or Pharmacist and not sponsored by an ESMO Member you will need to upload your Curriculum Vitae in Word or PDF format,
- All other Healthcare professionals, will be requested to upload their Curriculum Vitae in Word or PDF format – the application will be reviewed by the Membership Committee in order to determine the appropriate membership fee,
- If you are an undergraduate medical or science student you must upload a proof of your student status, i.e. an official statement or letter from the University confirming your undergraduate status and enrolment in an undergraduate course,
- Have your credit card ready in order to pay online and activate your membership immediately. You can also choose to pay by bank transfer.