This live web event has been designed to combine promotion of evidence-based medical practice based on the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines, focusing on a specific tumour setting; a young oncologist will present a clinical case, whereas the subject editor and primary author of the relevant ESMO Guideline will critically analyse it while presenting the guideline recommendations. A Practicing Oncologist will highlight challenges and issues related to daily practice and implementability of the guideline recommendations, while offering the opportunity for live online interaction between audience and experts.
Christoph Oing, Chris Parker, Michiel Strijbos
Welcome and Introduction, Dr. Elena Castro, Consultant Medical Oncologist, Medical Oncology Department, Hospital Clínico Virgen de la Victoria, Malaga, Spain
Case Presentation, Dr. Christoph Oing, Medical Oncologist, Dept of Oncology, Hematology and BMT, University Medical Center Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Presentation of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline for Critical Analysis of the Case, Prof. Chris Parker, Professor of Prostate Oncology at the Royal Marsden Hospital and the Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, UK.
Considerations related to Guideline implementation in everyday clinical practice and Discussion, Prof. Michiel Strijbos, Medical Oncologist, GZA Hospital Sint-Augustinus, Antwerp, Belgium
- Online questionnaire
- To promote evidence-based quality cancer care by disseminating the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines in the oncology community.
- Present a clinical case for each of the selected topics for discussion in the context of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations.
- Present and critically review the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations for each selected cancer type.
- Discuss the case, the ESMO CPG recommendations, their impact on care and implementability in the daily practice setting under the guidance of a moderator senior expert, with participation of the guideline authors, practicing oncologists and young oncologists.
- Audit the fulfilment of the learning objectives and acceptability of the ESMO CPG recommendations by means of an online questionnaire.