This new series of ESMO Guidelines Webinars brings together all the relevant stakeholders who are developing each guideline, as well as those who are consulting and implementing the guideline.
Each webinar airs live online, offering the opportunity for live real-time interaction between audience and experts.
Elene Mariamidze, David Planchard, Michiel Strijbos
Welcome and Introduction, Prof. Solange Peters, Chair Medical Oncology, Oncology Department - CHUV, Lausanne University, Lausanne, Switzerland
Case Presentation, Dr. Elene Mariamidze, Medical oncologist in training - Research institute of clinical medicine after academician F.Todua (RICM), Tbilisi, Georgia
Presentation of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline for Critical Analysis of the Case, Prof. David Planchard, Head of Thoracic Cancer Group - Department of Medical Oncology, Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Considerations related to Guideline implementation in everyday clinical practice and Discussion, Prof. Michiel Strijbos, Medical Oncologist - GZA Hospital Sint-Augustinus, Antwerp, Belgium
Online Questionnaire - attendees
- To promote evidence-based quality cancer care by disseminating the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines in the oncology community.
- Present a clinical case for each of the selected topics for discussion in the context of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations.
- Present and critically review the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations for each selected cancer type.
- Discuss the case, the ESMO CPG recommendations, their impact on care and implementability in the daily practice setting under the guidance of a moderator senior expert, with the participation of the guideline authors, practicing oncologists and young oncologists.
- Audit the fulfillment of the learning objectives and acceptability of the ESMO CPG recommendations by means of an online questionnaire.