This live web event has been designed to combine promotion of evidence-based medical practice based on the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines, focusing on a specific tumour setting; a young oncologist will present a clinical case, whereas the subject editor and primary author of the relevant ESMO Guideline will critically analyse it while presenting the guideline recommendations. A Practicing Oncologist will highlight challenges and issues related to daily practice and implementability of the guideline recommendations. The webinar will conclude with a live discussion of questions submitted by the audience whilst the webinar is taking place.
Kevin Punie, Shani Paluch-Shimon, Henk van Halteren
Welcome and Introduction, Prof. Giuseppe Curigliano, MD, PhD, University of Milano, Istituto Europeo di Oncologia, Milan, Italy
Case Presentation, Dr. Kevin Punie, Medical Oncologist at the Department of General Medical Oncology in the University Hospitals Leuven, Belgium
Presentation of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline for Critical Analysis of the Case, Dr. Shani Paluch-Shimon, Director, Breast Oncology, Sharett Institute of Oncology, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Considerations related to Guideline implementation in everyday clinical practice and Discussion, Dr. Henk van Halteren, Medical Oncologist, Admiraal de Ruyter Hospital, Vlissingen, Netherlands
- Online questionnaire
- To promote evidence-based quality cancer care by disseminating the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines in the oncology community.
- Present a clinical case for each of the selected topics for discussion in the context of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations.
- Present and critically review the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations for each selected cancer type.
- Discuss the case, the ESMO CPG recommendations, their impact on care and implementability in the daily practice setting under the guidance of a moderator senior expert, with participation of the guideline authors, practicing oncologists and young oncologists.
- Audit the fulfilment of the learning objectives and acceptability of the ESMO CPG recommendations by means of an online questionnaire.