This live web event has been designed to combine promotion of evidence-based medical practice based on the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines, focusing on a specific tumour setting; a young oncologist will present a clinical case, whereas the subject editor and primary author of the relevant ESMO Guideline will critically analyse it while presenting the guideline recommendations. A Practicing Oncologist will highlight challenges and issues related to daily practice and implementability of the guideline recommendations. The webinar will conclude with a live discussion of questions submitted by the audience whilst the webinar is taking place.
Claudia Cardone, Julien Taieb, Gabor Liposits
Welcome and Introduction, Dr. Erika Martinelli, Associate Professor in Medical Oncology and Haematology, Department of Precision Medicine, Università degli Studi della Campania “L. Vanvitelli”, Naples Italy
Case Presentation, Dr. Claudia Cardone, Experimental Clinical Abdominal Oncology Unit, Department of Abdominal Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori-IRCCS Fondazione "G. Pascale”, Naples, Italy
Presentation of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline for Critical Analysis of the Case, Prof. Julien Taieb MD, PhD, Head of the Gastroenterology and GI oncology department, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Université de Paris, Paris, France
Considerations related to Guideline implementation in everyday clinical practice and Discussion, Dr. Gabor Liposits, Senior consultant clinical oncologist and PhD-fellow, Department of Oncology, Regional Hospital West Jutland, Herning, Denmark, Department of Clinical Research, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
- LIVE Q&A
- Online questionnaire
- To promote evidence-based quality cancer care by disseminating the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines in the oncology community.
- Present a clinical case for each of the selected topics for discussion in the context of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations.
- Present and critically review the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations for each selected cancer type.
- Discuss the case, the ESMO CPG recommendations, their impact on care and implementability in the daily practice setting under the guidance of a moderator senior expert, with participation of the guideline authors, practicing oncologists and young oncologists.
- Audit the fulfilment of the learning objectives and acceptability of the ESMO CPG recommendations by means of an online questionnaire.