Abstract submission for the ESMO Symposium on Immuno-Oncology 2015 closed 8 September
Abstract submission sub-specialties
- Checkpoint inhibition
- Cancer neo-antigens
- Immunomodulatory antibodies
- PD-1/PD-L1 axis blockade
- Immuno-oncology meets molecular oncology
- Adoptive T cell therapy
- Immuno-oncology clinical studies across tumour types (breast, lung, brain, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, gynaecology, melanoma, lymphoma)
- Trials in progress
Abstract submission deadlines
Date and time
8 September 2015, 21:00 CEST (Central European Summer time)
Trial in progress abstracts
Trial in Progress abstracts in all phases of clinical research (phases I to III) may be submitted.
It is expected that abstracts submitted as Trial in Progress are ongoing trials that have not reached any protocol-specified endpoints for analysis and consequently will only require the completion of two (2) sections:
- Trial design
- Recruitment must have already begun or have been completed by the abstract submission deadline of 8 September 2015.
- Abstracts including results or preliminary data will be rejected.
Trial in Progress abstracts may not be considered for Proffered Paper (oral) presentation.
Presentation and publication of accepted abstracts
The ESMO Symposium on Immuno-Oncology 2015 Scientific Committee will select abstracts for presentation during the Symposium and determine the format of the presentations from the following possibilities:
- Poster Discussion – Presentation and analysis by an invited speaker highlighting important findings within a disease type or about a common theme plus interactive audience discussion.
- Poster – An important method for communicating details of scientific research, posters will be on display for the duration of the Symposium.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the ESMO Symposium on Immuno-Oncology 2015 Abstract Book.
Publication schedule of accepted abstracts
Abstracts accepted for poster presentation during ESMO Symposium on Immuno-Oncology 2015 and for publication in the Symposium Abstract Book, will be published online on this website on Thursday 13 November 2015.
Abstracts selected for the official ESMO Symposium on Immuno-Oncology 2015 Press Programme will be made public at the beginning of the Symposium.
A restricted number of travel grants to ESMO Symposium on Immuno-Oncology 2015 are available, upon application, to first author (= presenter) of candidates under the age of 40 who submit abstracts considered deserving of recognition. Selection will be made by the ESMO Symposium on Immuno-Oncology 2015 Scientific Committee on a competitive basis from among the accepted abstracts.
To apply for a travel grant, the following documents must be received by the ESMO Congress Department on or before 8 September 2015:
- A letter of introduction by the applicant. Please include the following general information:
- How relevant are the topics presented during this Symposium to your current practice and research?
- Have you attended any event on a similar topic in the last 3 years?
- How do you believe your attendance at this Symposium will help you improve your knowledge in the field and your professional development?
- How do you consider that the findings published in your abstract make a relevant contribution to the topics presented during this Symposium?
- Have you recently been awarded an ESMO travel grant? If yes, for which event?
- A copy of the submitted abstract (the applicant must be the first author and presenter)
- A readable photocopy of either identity card or passport
- A short curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
Documentation must be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or, if strictly necessary, by fax to +41 91 973 1918.
ESMO will provide recipients with a subsidised travel ticket, subsidised accommodation and Symposium registration.
Travel grant recipients must submit a report detailing the benefits of participating in the ESMO Symposium on Immuno-Oncology 2015 by 22 December 2015.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.