Registration and access to the platform
- Clear your cookies and cache: If you experience any issues accessing the platform we suggest you clear your cookies and cache following the instructions found here.
- Internet browsers: For the best user-experience ESMO recommends the most recent version of Google Chrome, second to this would be Firefox, Safari and Opera. Internet Explorer is not recommended. Please note that ad blockers can prevent content from loading and new tabs from opening.
- Bandwidth: While there are no virtual platform access restrictions, it would be best to have a 5mb/s connection for best results with live streaming.
- Firewalls: Use of a VPN is possible, if in line with the legal conditions of your country, but content is accessible without a VPN by default. ESMO is not responsible for the default restrictions of your institute or company internet provider, network or state.
- Device: The virtual platform is accessible with any device that can connect to the internet through a browser and the experience is fully responsive to all devices.
ESMO Members can register for free. If you are not a Member but would like to join ESMO and you meet the Membership requirements, you can do so now. Please note that it may take a few minutes to activate your Membership and then you may proceed to registration.
Reimbursements for individuals who decide to become a Member after paying the registration fee will not be made.
You will need to have an account with ESMO and go through the registration process in order to access the virtual meeting. Should you not already have an ESMO account, we encourage you to create one now to facilitate registration to the virtual meeting. After creating your ESMO account, you can register here. Our registration fees and deadlines are available on our official website.
Note: Internet Explorer is not supported and should not be used to access the registration system. The list of supported web browsers and versions is as follows:
- Chrome (preferred): Version 80 and 81
- Safari for Mac: Version 12 and 13
- Safari for Windows: Version 4 and 5
- Firefox: Version 74
- Microsoft Edge: Version 80 and 81
All individuals must register online.
The registration system will be open up to 12 months after the event, offering non-ESMO Members the opportunity to purchase access to the congress resources post event.
Group and Third-party registration will close on 4 September. Both systems will then re-open after the Science weekend on Tuesday, 22 September and be closed definitively on 2 October.
ESMO meetings are accessible to certified healthcare professionals, associated press, industry representatives and other stakeholders in the science, management and prevention of oncological diseases. Registered participants will have access to all official sessions, industry sponsored symposia and exhibition. Participants must be at least 18 years old.
Yes, the Science weekend will take place 19-21 September 2020 and the Education weekend will take place 16-18 October 2020.
The link to access the ESMO Virtual Congress 2020 is available here.
The congress webcast will include all the sessions of the official programme, where speaker permission is granted, and will be available for ESMO Members and Non-members.
For scientific/educational sessions: the live and on-demand content will be available up to 12 months after event.
For satellite symposia: OncologyPRO Sponsors satellite symposia will be hosted on OncologyPRO for 2 years, whereas non-OncologyPRO Sponsors satellite symposia will be hosted on the ESMO Meeting Library for 6 months.
Live Q&A feature will be available throughout the event.
Yes, there will be a virtual exhibition open from 14 September until 18 October 2020.
There will be a virtual ESMO booth, visit us to receive all the information you need.
Virtual meeting spaces (Zoom) can be booked via email@example.com
Educational activities, abstracts & posters
The ESMO Virtual Congress 2020 programme will be submitted for ESMO-MORA category 1 points accreditation, and the final number of points will be confirmed shortly. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. It also guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and still possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. See here for further details.
- Abstracts accepted for presentation at the ESMO Virtual Congress 2020 as Poster (suffix ‘P’, ‘TiP’) and EONS Poster (prefix ‘CN’) will be published online via the ESMO website at 00:05 CEST on Monday, 14 September 2020
- Abstracts and late-breaking abstracts accepted for presentation at the ESMO Virtual Congress 2020 as Mini Oral (suffix ‘MO’) will be published online via the ESMO website at 00:05 CEST on Friday, 18 September 2020
- Abstracts and late-breaking abstracts accepted for presentation at the ESMO Virtual Congress 2020 as Proffered Paper (suffix ‘O’) and EONS Proffered Paper (prefix ‘CN’) will be published online via the ESMO website at 00:05 CEST on Saturday, 19 September 2020
- Abstracts and Late-breaking abstracts selected for inclusion in the ESMO Press Programme will be published online according to a dedicated schedule which will be made available by early September
As communicated to all registered candidates at the beginning of June, the ESMO Examination this year will not take place and all the registration fees will be refunded. Only applicants in Switzerland and Slovenia who need to comply with Board Certification requirements will still be able to sit the Examination. If you have questions, please kindly firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember - ESMO members register for the ESMO Virtual Congress 2020 for free and get unlimited access to all the congress resources!
If you have registered already, visit the ESMO Virtual Booth and join ESMO from there to benefit from our special Membership offers.
Yes, ESMO Membership is open to all eligible professionals working in healthcare or research with an interest and educational background in oncology and/or science. We offer various categories of Membership designed to meet our members’ professional needs and career stages. If you fall into any of these, you may be eligible for Membership and welcome to join.
You can check your membership status in your ESMO account under “Subscriptions”.
Join or renew Membership at ESMO Virtual Congress 2020 and get one year free. Be among the first 100 and receive an ESMO Book by post!
Our offers are open to ESMO Members wishing to renew their Membership as well as new members joining from the ESMO Virtual Booth and is applicable to all ESMO annual Membership fees.
Visit the ESMO Virtual Booth to find out more and apply.
Press & Third-Party media activities
If your question is not answered above, please feel free to contact us.