- To learn about the evidence-base for lung cancer screening and novel diagnostic modalities
- To learn about the management of early stage NSCLC and use of adjuvant treatments
- To understand the role of multi-modality treatment in locally advanced NSCLC and limited stage SCLC
- To learn about the management of patients with actionable driver mutations and novel targeted agents for advanced NSCLC
- To understand the role of immune-checkpoint blockade for lung cancer and to learn about novel immunotherapies
- To learn about treatment of NSCLC with oligometastatic disease
- To learn about the systemic treatment of mesothelioma and SCLC
- To learn about the role of supportive and palliative care for thoracic malignancies
Download the preliminary programme
Who can apply?
While this course is primarily aimed at oncologists resident in Europe, application is open to all ESMO members.
To apply, ESMO membership is mandatory. If you are not an ESMO member, or need to renew your membership, please visit the ESMO membership pages.
Successful applicants will benefit from complimentary course registration.
In addition to the course registration, a travel grant of maximum 600 euros is offered to selected applicants as a contribution versus their travel and accommodation costs. The reimbursement will be processed after the course against original invoices/vouchers. Please be aware that visa costs are NOT covered by the travel grant and are the participant's responsibility.
In order to help you in the selection of the most convenient accommodation to reach the Preceptorship venue, we are happy to provide you the with the link to the Accommodation Booking Provider for the ESMO-The Christie Preceptorship on Lung Cancer, available here.
The programme of this event will be accredited with 14 ESMO-MORA category 1 points. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. Recertification guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and continues to possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. For further details, please refer to the ESMO-MORA Recertification Process & Requirements.
Fiona Blackhall, United Kingdom
Raffaele Califano, United Kingdom
Enriqueta Felip, Spain
The Christie School of Oncology
The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
Education Centre (Dept. 17)
Manchester M20 4BX