- To learn about screening, diagnosis and staging of breast cancer
- To learn about genetic testing and management of BRCA carriers
- To learn about the biology of breast cancer and its implications in the management of this disease
- To learn about the standard of care management of early, locally advanced and metastatic breast cancer in surgery, radiation therapy and systemic therapy
- To understand the crucial role of multidisciplinary care in the management of breast cancer
Download the programme
How to apply
Application is via online form. During the application process you will be required to upload the following:
Applications for the course are now closed
Who can apply?
While this course is primarily aimed at oncologists resident in the sub Saharan countries, application is open to all ESMO members in Africa.
To apply, ESMO membership is mandatory. If you are not an ESMO member, or need to renew your membership, please visit the ESMO membership pages.
Successful applicants will benefit from complimentary course registration and accommodation.
In addition to the course registration and the hotel accommodation, a travel grant of maximum 1000 euros is offered to selected applicants as a contribution versus their travel costs. The reimbursement will be processed after the course against original invoices/vouchers. Please be aware that visa costs are NOT covered by the travel grant and are the participant's responsibility.
The programme of this event has been accredited with 9 ESMO-MORA category 1 points. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. Recertification guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and continues to possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. For further details, please refer to ESMO-MORA Recertification Process & Requirements
Fatima Cardoso, Portugal
Georgia Demetriou, South Africa
Century City Hotel