Login and access problems
In almost all cases, your email address is your username. If you have more than one email, make sure you use the email used to create your ESMO account. If you need assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow these steps:
- Go to ESMO.org
- Choose login, on the top right of the page
- Below the login box, choose forgot password
- Enter you email address and press ‘Reset Password’
- Check your email box and click on the reset password link
- Reset your password
- You need to enter the email address linked to your account and to check that email box for the reset link
If you don’t receive the email after 20 minutes, please go to ‘help’ section and send another message
Registration and access to the platform
- Clear your cookies and cache: If you experience any issues accessing the platform we suggest you clear your cookies and cache following the instructions found here (Chrome), here (Firefox), here (Safari) or here (Opera).
- Internet browsers: For the best user-experience ESMO recommends the most recent version of Google Chrome, second to this would be Firefox, Safari and Opera. Internet Explorer is not recommended. Please note that ad blockers can prevent content from loading and new tabs from opening.
- Bandwidth: While there are no access constraints on the virtual platform, it is recommended to have at least a 5mb/s connection for best results with live streaming.
- Firewalls: Content is accessible by default without the need of a VPN. However, ESMO is not responsible for the restrictions of your institute or company internet provider, network or state. In those cases, the use of a VPN is possible, if in line with the legal conditions of your country, internet provider, company or institute.
- Device: The virtual platform is accessible with any device that can connect to the internet through a browser. The experience is fully responsive for any device
ESMO Members can register for free. If you are not a Member but would like to join ESMO and you meet the Membership requirements, you can do so now. Please note that it may take a few minutes to activate your Membership and then you may proceed to registration.
Reimbursements for individuals who decide to become a Member after paying the registration fee will not be made.
You will need to have an account with ESMO and go through the registration process in order to access the virtual meeting. Should you not already have an ESMO account, we encourage you to create one now to facilitate registration to the virtual meeting. After creating your ESMO account, you can register here. Our registration fees and deadlines are available on our official website.
Note: Internet Explorer is not supported and should not be used to access the registration system. The list of supported web browsers and versions is as follows:
- Chrome (preferred): Version 80 and above
- Safari for Mac: Version 12 and above
- Safari for Windows: Version 4 and above
- Firefox: Version 74 and above
- Microsoft Edge: Version 80 and above
All individuals must register online. The early registration deadline is Friday, 20 November 2020. After this date, the full registration fee will apply.
Group and Third-party registration will close on 27 November 2020.
ESMO meetings are accessible to certified healthcare professionals, associated press, industry representatives and other stakeholders in the science, management and prevention of oncological diseases. Registered participants will have access to all official sessions, industry sponsored symposia and exhibition. Participants must be at least 18 years old.
Yes, it will take place in the same period, 9-12 December 2020. See the table below for more detailed information.
Platform & Virtual Exhibition
8– 12 December 2020
Official Programme & Industry Satellites Symposia
9 – 12 December 2020
The platform and all activities will close on 12 December 2020. However, the platform will remain available with the on-demand content and exhibition information until 15 December 2020.
The link to access the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Virtual Congress 2020 will be available on the homepage of the ESMO website, www.esmo.org
The congress webcast will include all the sessions of the official programme, where speaker permission is granted, and will be available for ESMO Members and all delegates.
Official programme sessions: delegates will have access to the live and on-demand content during the event as well as up to 12 months after the event.
Industry Satellite Symposia: delegates will have access to the on-demand content on the platform until the 15 December and on the ESMO Meeting Resources up to 2 years after the event (depending on the satellite).
Live Q&A feature will be available according to the schedule (see online programme) throughout the event.
Yes, there will be a virtual exhibition open from 8 until 12 December 2020. However, since the platform will be available until 15 December 2020, also the exhibition information will be accessible until then.
There will be a virtual ESMO booth, visit us to receive all the information you need.
Programme activities, abstracts & posters
All accepted abstracts will be available on the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Virtual Congress 2020 website, in the Programme section and on the Congress virtual platform according to the following publication schedule:
- Abstracts accepted for presentation as Proffered Paper (suffix ‘O’), Mini Oral (suffix ‘MO’) and ePoster (suffix ‘P’, ‘TiP’) will be released online at 12:00hrs CET (Central European Time) on Thursday, 3 December 2020.
- Late-breaking abstracts (prefix 'LBA') will be released online at the start of the session during which they are presented.
- Abstracts and Late-breaking abstracts selected for inclusion in the ESMO Press Programme will be released online as per dedicated schedule which will be made available by early December.
All accepted abstracts and Late-breaking abstracts will be published online only in the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Virtual Congress 2020 Abstract Book, a supplement to the official ESMO journal, Annals of Oncology.
Corrections to accepted abstracts are no longer possible unless the data published in the abstract are proved to have a relevant and negative impact on the treatment of patients and/or the future of any related research. A written request must be submitted to email@example.com for evaluation by the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Virtual Congress 2020 Scientific Committee.
Invited speakers and oral presenters have been contacted by CTI and provided details about the upload of their presentation slides and the assisted pre-recording process.
Instructions for presenters and the Congress template slide are available here.
Presenters of ePosters have been contacted by CTI and provided details about the preparation and upload of their electronic posters (ePosters).
Instructions for presenters are available here.
You can access the online programme via the ESMO website (Programme section). In the “Search” box at the top of the page you may select from options including session title, presentation title, final publication number, day, topic, presenter name or keyword.
The programme will also be available via the virtual Congress platform from 8 December.
Sessions will consist of pre-recorded presentations followed by live discussion and Q&A. Interactivity is supported by a chat function where attendees can ask questions during the presentations. Chairs and speakers can reply to any questions in writing via the chat.
Once all the presentations of the sessions have terminated, the session chairs will lead and moderate the discussion having selected the most interesting or popular questions that have been posted in the chat.
ePosters will be available for view on the virtual Congress platform (ePoster section) as of 9 December 2020, 08:00hrs am CET (Central European Time). The accompanying abstract may be viewed as well.
An unmoderated questions/comments section is also available within each poster page.
The webcast of live sessions will be available on the virtual Congress platform after the sessions have concluded. Presentation slides and ePosters will also be available on OncologyPro for view and download by ESMO members and registered delegates for 2 years.
The Congress programme will be accredited with ESMO-MORA category 1 points. The total number of points will be confirmed shortly. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. It also guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and still possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. See here for further details.
As a special benefit, ESMO members can register for the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Virtual Congress 2020 for free and get unlimited access to all the congress resources on OncologyPRO post event.
If you have registered already, visit us at the ESMO Virtual Booth and join ESMO from there to benefit from our special Membership offer.
Yes, ESMO Membership is open to all eligible professionals working in healthcare or research with an interest and educational background in oncology and/or science. We offer various categories of Membership designed to meet our members’ professional needs and career stages. If you fall into any of these, you may be eligible for Membership and welcome to join.
You can check your membership status in your ESMO account under “Subscriptions”.
Membership expiring in less than 90 days can be renewed online in your ESMO account under “Renew Membership”.
If you have registered for the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Virtual Congress 2020, visit the ESMO Virtual Booth and renew from there to benefit from our special Membership offer.
Join or renew Membership at ESMO Immuno-Oncology Virtual Congress 2020 and get one year free!
This offer is open to ESMO Members wishing to renew their Membership as well as new members joining from the ESMO Virtual Booth and is applicable to all ESMO annual Membership fees.
Visit the ESMO Virtual Booth to find out more and apply.