This live web event has been designed to combine promotion of evidence-based medical practice based on the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines, focusing on a specific tumour setting; a young oncologist will present a clinical case, whereas the subject editor and primary author of the relevant ESMO Guideline will critically analyse it while presenting the guideline recommendations. A Practicing Oncologist will highlight challenges and issues related to daily practice and implementability of the guideline recommendations. The webinar will conclude with a live discussion of questions submitted by the audience whilst the webinar is taking place.
Aired live on 20 July 2021 at 18:30 CEST
Manuel Neves, Meletios A. Dimopoulos, Henk van Halteren
Welcome and Introduction, Prof. Francesca Gay, Associate Professor in the University of Torino, Department of Molecular Biotechnology and Health Sciences, SSD Clinical Trial Unit, Division of Haematology 1, AOU Città della Salute e della Scienza, Torino, Italy
Case Presentation, Dr. Manuel Neves, Haematologist, Fundação Champalimaud, Lisbon, Portugal
Presentation of the EHA-ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline for Critical Analysis of the Case, Prof Meletios A. Dimopoulos, MD, PhD, Professor and Chairman of the Department of Clinical Therapeutics at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
Considerations related to Guideline implementation in everyday clinical practice and Discussion, Dr. Henk van Halteren, Medical Oncologist, Admiraal de Ruyter Hospital, Vlissingen, Netherlands
- LIVE Q&A
- Online questionnaire
- To promote evidence-based quality cancer care by disseminating the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines in the oncology community.
- Present a clinical case for each of the selected topics for discussion in the context of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations.
- Present and critically review the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations for each selected cancer type.
- Discuss the case, the ESMO CPG recommendations, their impact on care and implementability in the daily practice setting under the guidance of a moderator senior expert, with participation of the guideline authors, practicing oncologists and young oncologists.
- Audit the fulfilment of the learning objectives and acceptability of the ESMO CPG recommendations by means of an online questionnaire.