Activities such as internal meetings involving Congress delegates, press conferences, educational or promotional activities taking place either in or outside the congress centre but concomitant with or during breaks in the official ESMO Congress educational and scientific programme are subject to ESMO approval.
Full description of meeting spaces regulations can be found in the Industry Guidelines, pages 18-20.
ESMO allows industries to organise staff meetings, briefings, advisory boards, client meetings or other type of closed meetings within the congress centre.
Meetings can be organised from Friday to Tuesday from 07.00 to 20.00. The meeting room rental period will start on 1 March 2019.
The following requirements must be respected:
- They must be "closed" and by invitation only
- Maximum attendance is 35 guests
- They are not promoted in the convention centre or in any ESMO 2019 publications
- They may take place in parallel with the official ESMO Congress educational and scientific programme provided they do not involve groups larger than 35 people and are limited in duration
- If you plan to have an ESMO 2019 Speaker at your session make sure your chosen meeting slot does not conflict with his/her session(s)
- Media should not be invited and are not permitted to attend the meeting
Clear identification of meeting organizer, meeting purpose, number of participants, date and time must be submitted for approval to ESMO at least 6 weeks prior to the event. Meetings rooms will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
The rental of a meeting room at the Fira Gran Via, Barcelona will include basic AV/IT equipment (screen, LCD projector, Wi-Fi)
A roll up can be placed outside rooms for full day reservations only. For bookings for less than one day no signage is allowed. All the roll ups should be removed at the end of the meeting. Due to the limited space outside the rooms, no registration tables will be possible.
Any set-up and dismantling time needed for the Closed Industry Meeting should be included in the reserved slot of time.