ESMO 2018 Abstract Book
The full supplement, including abstracts under embargo until and during the ESMO 2018 Congress, will be released on the Oxford University Press website on 23 October.
Presentation and publication of accepted abstracts
The ESMO 2018 Scientific Committee selects abstracts for presentation during the Congress based on the following possibilities:
- Presidential Symposium – Oral presentations by authors of the very best submitted abstracts containing cutting-edge and significant clinical practice-changing studies, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Proffered Paper – Oral presentations by authors presenting original data of superior quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Poster Discussion – Presentation and analysis by an invited speaker highlighting important findings within a disease type or about a common theme plus interactive audience discussion. Poster Discussion posters will be displayed for the duration of the Congress, subject to the embargo policy, ie Late-Breaking Abstracts may only be displayed from the embargo time detailed in the schedule below.
- Poster – Display sessions for review, discussion and questions. Rotated by category, posters will be displayed for one day of the Congress and the presenting authors must be available for Q&A for one hour to represent their work.
Publication schedule for accepted abstracts and presentations
- Abstracts accepted for presentation at ESMO 2018 as Poster – suffix P or TiP – were published online via the ESMO website at 00:05 CEST on Tuesday, 9 October 2018.
- Abstracts accepted for presentation at ESMO 2018 as Proffered Paper (oral presentation) or Poster Discussion will be published online via the ESMO website at 12:00 CEST on Friday, 19 October 2018.
- All Late-breaking abstracts will be made public at the start of the official Congress session during which they are presented.
- The Publication schedule of Abstracts and Late-breaking abstracts selected for inclusion in the ESMO Press Programme, will be available 10 days before the Congress.