Watch video interviews with key opinion leaders on the latest studies presented during the ESMO 2016 Congress in Copenhagen.
This video content is put together by Andrés Cervantes, ESMO 2016 Scientific Chair and Jean-Yves Douillard, ESMO 2016 Educational Chair in close collaboration with chairs of various congress tracks.
Ten videos range from general ESMO 2016 Congress highlights to key take home messages on findings presented in lung cancer, melanoma, breast cancer, renal-cell cancer, urothelial cancer, head and neck cancer, hepatocellular cancer, colorectal cancer, soft tissue sarcoma, patient advocacy, as well as supportive and palliative care.
Each video features an introduction by track chair or designated video highlight presenter, followed by key findings digested by actual presenters of the landmark studies presented at ESMO 2016 Congress.
This programme has been produced with aid of funding from Novartis. The company has had no influence on the content of the programme.
- The highlights in non-small cell lung cancer include data from the KEYNOTE-024, OAK, and ASCEND-5 trials.
- The highlights in melanoma cover final overall survival resultas of the EORTC 18071 trial, 3-year estimate of overall survival in COMBI-v trial and initial findings from the OpACIN trial.
- The highlights in metastatic breast cancer track include the results from the MONALEESA-2 study, biomarker analysis from the PALOMA-2, and key results from the FALCON study.
- In genitourinary cancers, non-prostate track, the video highlights elaborate the results of S-TRAC and CABOSUN in renal-cell carcinoma, while the KEYNOTE-052 features the novel data in metastatic urothelial carcinoma.
- In head and neck cancer, the video highlights range from main the findings in CheckMate 141 study, safety and efficacy of durvalumab in a squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck expansion cohort, and a meta analysis of chemotherapy in head and neck cancer on behalf of the MACH-NC group.
- The highlights in gastrointestinal tumours elaborate the findings from a randomised study of timing to surgery after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy in rectal cancer, surveillance schedule to detect recurrence of colorectal cancer, and the highlights from a special session on right or left metastatic colon cancer which tried to answer how the tumour location will change the treatment. The highlights in hepatocellular carcinoma include the key findings from the RESORCE and CheckMate040 studies.
- The video highlights in sarcoma track feature results of neoadjuvant anthracycline plus ifosfamide chemotherapy in localised high-risk adult soft tissue sarcomas, impact of multidisciplinary board presentation prior to first treatment in patients with sarcomas treated in the NETSARC reference network, and the Rare Cancers Europe initiative.
- Video on patient advocacy track elaborates how recently restructered track and the patient advocacy initiatives mater in cancer policy and research arenas.
- The highlights in supportive and palliative care feature the still high rate of chemotherapy use near the end of life in patients with solid cancers and key changes in the MASCC and ESMO Consensus Guidelines for the Prevention of Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting, published in occasion of the ESMO 2016 Congress.