The MAP 2021 Virtual abstract submission system is now open!
Outcome notifications are expected to be made available to first authors by mid-August 2021.
Abstract submission deadlines
Date and time
Wednesday, 28 July 2021
Trial in Progress abstracts
Trial in Progress (TiP) abstracts in all phases of clinical research (phases I to III) may be submitted to the MAP 2021 Virtual Congress.
It is expected that abstracts submitted as Trial in Progress are ongoing trials that have not reached any protocol-specified endpoints for analysis and consequently will only require the completion of two (2) sections:
- Trial design
- Recruitment must have already begun or have been completed by the abstract submission deadline of Wednesday, 28 July 2021.
- Abstracts including results or preliminary data will be rejected.
- Trial in Progress abstracts will be accepted for Poster outcome only.
- Encore TiP abstracts will NOT be accepted.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the MAP 2021 Virtual Scientific Committee and considered on the merits of the scientific and clinical rationale of the trial.
Publication schedule for accepted abstracts
Abstracts accepted for presentation during MAP 2021 Virtual (Proffered Paper/Mini Oral and Poster) and for publication in the MAP 2021 Virtual Abstract Book, will be published online on the MAP 2021 Virtual Website on Monday, 4 October 2021.
Date and time
Abstracts accepted as:
Monday, 4 October
Presentation options for accepted abstracts
Presenters may request an outcome based on the following options. The MAP 2021 Virtual Scientific Committee reserves the right to decide which of these session formats will be scheduled during the Congress.
- Proffered Paper – Oral presentations by authors presenting original data of superior quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Mini Oral (if applicable) – Short oral presentations by authors presenting data of good quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Poster – Display session for review, discussion and questions. The presenting authors must be available for Q&A to represent their work.
All accepted abstracts will be published online in the MAP 2021 Virtual Abstract Book.
Detailed instructions for the preparation of visual presentations and posters will be made available on the MAP 2021 Virtual website along with scheduling notices from mid-August 2021.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the MAP 2021 Virtual Abstract Book, a supplement of the official ESMO journal Annals of Oncology.
More information can be found in the Abstract regulations.