The abstract submission is now open
Abstract submission deadlines
Date and time
Monday, 17 January 2022, 21:00 CET (Central European Time)
Tuesday, 01 March 2022, 21:00 CET (Central European Time)
- Tumour biology and pathology
- Translational research
- Prevention, early detection, epidemiology, tobacco control
- Imaging and staging
- Early stage NSCLC
- Locally advanced NSCLC
- Advanced NSCLC
- Metastases to and from the lung
- General interest
Late-breaking abstracts (LBA)
Late-breaking abstracts may be submitted for high quality, new research findings from randomised phase II or phase III trials with implications for clinical practice or understanding of disease processes.
Only abstracts for which no conclusive data are available at the time of the abstract submission deadline of 17 January 2021 will be considered for late-breaking status. The work must not have been previously published in any publication in a peer review setting or presented at a meeting of any other scientific organisation prior to the ELCC 2022.
A skeleton indicating the type of data that will be available by the late-breaking abstract deadline must be submitted online by the regular abstract deadline on of Monday, 17 January 2022.
Submitters of preliminary versions receiving approval to proceed must submit the final LBA by Tuesday, 01 March 2022.
Trial in progress abstracts
Trial in Progress (TiP) abstracts in all phases of clinical research (phases I to III) may be submitted to ELCC 2022
It is expected that abstracts submitted as Trial in Progress are ongoing trials that have not reached any protocol-specified endpoints for analysis and consequently will only require the completion of two (2) sections:
- Trial design
- Recruitment must have already begun or have been completed by the abstract submission deadline of 17 January 2022.
- Abstracts including results or preliminary data will be rejected.
- Trial in Progress abstracts will not be considered for Proffered Paper (oral) presentation or Mini Oral.
- Encore TiP abstracts will NOT be accepted.
Presentation options for accepted abstracts
The ELCC 2022 Scientific Committee will select abstracts for presentation during the Congress based on the following possibilities:
- Proffered Paper – Oral presentations by authors presenting original data of superior quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Mini Oral – Short oral presentation by authors with comment and interactive audience discussion led by an invited expert.
- Poster – Display session for review, discussion and questions.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the ELCC 2022 Abstract book, a supplement to the official ESMO journal, Annals of Oncology.
A limited number of Travel Grants are available, upon application, to first authors under the age of 40 who submit abstracts considered deserving of recognition. Selection will be made by ELCC 2022 Scientific Committee on a competitive basis from among the accepted abstracts.
More information can be found in the Abstract regulations.
The publication schedule for accepted abstracts will be released in due course.