The ESMO Sarcoma & GIST 2022 programme is online!
Half a day meeting designed to provide oncologists with a brief outline of both STS & GIST. The course aims to be the contact or re-introduction with these diseases for oncologists who are interested to know more about them and to have an introduction to the high-profile Symposium in the two days afterwards.
Half a day meeting offering an intensive discussion of a set of clinical cases of paediatric, adolescent and young adult STS & GIST for professionals who are already familiar with these diseases. Attendees will benefit from discussions about challenging clinical cases with specialists from both the EU and USA, leveraging the different perspectives and expertise across continents.
The goal is to merge the clinical and the translational perspectives into a single high-profile educational event. The Symposium is known as an excellent place for international networking and collaboration, featuring discussions with the key opinion leaders in the field. A world-renowned faculty will attract an audience of experts in sarcomas, highlighting breakthroughs in state of the art management strategies, novel therapeutic discoveries and clinical research perspectives.
- Understand the complex molecular biology and histopathological classification of sarcomas and GIST
- Understand the principles of locoregional management of patients with soft tissue and bone sarcomas
- Be informed on state of the art and emerging systemic therapies of soft tissue and bone sarcomas
- Receive an update on standard multidisciplinary treatment of patients with localized and metastatic gist
- Gain insights on novel targeted therapies, immunotherapies and cell-based therapies of sarcoma
- Receive updates on trends in clinical research design and methodology in the sarcoma field
ESMO-MORA: The ESMO Sarcoma & GIST 2022 programme will be submitted for ESMO-MORA category 1 points accreditation. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. It also guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and still possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. See here for further details.
The Congress webcasts will include all the sessions of the official programme, where speaker permission is granted, and will be available on the page dedicated to meeting resources on this website and OncologyPRO for ESMO members.
All Speakers are required to declare their interests, if any, and include a Declaration of Interest (DOI) slide at the start of their presentation(s).
The ESMO recommendations on the clinical utility of new drugs are only presented in the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines and such recommendations represent the only official position of ESMO.