The abstract submission is now open!
Abstract submission deadlines
Date and time
Monday, 28 September 2020
21:00hrs CEST (Central European Summer Time)
Wednesday, 4 November 2020
21:00hrs CET (Central European Time)
- Biomarker development
- Tumour biology
- Cell therapy
- Therapeutic development
- Clinical practice
- SARS-CoV-2 and cancer
Late-breaking abstracts (LBA)
Late-breaking abstracts may be submitted for high quality, new research findings from randomised phase II or phase III trials with implications for clinical practice or understanding of disease processes.
Only abstracts for which no conclusive data are available at the time of the abstract submission deadline of 28 September 2020 will be considered for late-breaking status. The work must not have been previously published in any publication in a peer review setting or presented at a meeting of any other scientific organisation prior to the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2020.
A skeleton indicating the type of data that will be available by the late-breaking abstract deadline must be submitted online by the regular abstract deadline on of Monday, 28 September 2020.
Submitters of preliminary versions receiving approval to proceed must submit the final LBA by Wednesday, 4 November 2020.
Trial in progress abstracts
Trial in Progress (TiP) abstracts in all phases of clinical research (phases I to III) may be submitted to the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2020.
It is expected that abstracts submitted as Trial in Progress are ongoing trials that have not reached any protocol-specified endpoints for analysis and consequently will only require the completion of two (2) sections:
- Trial design
- Recruitment must have already begun or have been completed by the abstract submission deadline of 28 September 2020.
- Abstracts including results or preliminary data will be rejected.
- Trial in Progress abstracts will not be considered for Proffered Paper (oral) presentation or Mini Oral.
- Encore TiP abstracts will be rejected.
Trial in Progress (TiP) abstracts will be reviewed by the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2020 Scientific Committee and considered on the merits of the scientific and clinical rationale of the trial.
Presentation options for accepted abstracts
The ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2020 Scientific Committee will select abstracts for presentation during the Congress based on the following possibilities:
- Proffered Paper – Oral presentations by authors presenting original data of superior quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Mini Oral – Short oral presentations by authors presenting data of good quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
- Poster – Display sessions for review, discussion and questions. Posters will be displayed for one day of the Congress and the presenting authors must be available for Q&A for one hour to represent their work.
All accepted abstracts, including Late-breaking, will be published online only in the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2020 Abstract Book, a supplement to the official ESMO journal, Annals of Oncology.
A restricted number of travel grants to the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2020 are available, upon application, to first author (= presenter) of candidates under the age of 40 who submit abstracts considered deserving of recognition. Selection will be made by the ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2020 Scientific Committee on a competitive basis from among the accepted abstracts.
More information can be found in the Abstract regulations.