- The course is reserved to fourth and fifth year medical students (undergraduates)
- Applicants must be ESMO members (undergraduate students benefit from free ESMO membership)
- Students must be fluent in English
- Attendance for the entire duration of the course is mandatory
You will need to provide the following information to support your application:
- Full curriculum vitae (with list of publications)
- Letter of motivation for attending the course (max. 300 words)
- Letter of recommendation/support from your Head of Department/mentor
Submitting deadline Wednesday, 25 May 2022.
Please be kindly reminded that in order to apply you need to:
- Create an ESMO account
- Apply for the ESMO membership (in “My Profile” section, click on “Become a member”)
- Click on the “Apply now!” button to start your application
Selection of participants
- All applications will be assessed by ESMO
- Students will be selected on a competitive basis
- Free registration to the courses and accommodation (including meals) is offered
- Each student will receive a travel grant. Travel is to be organised by the student (ESMO will provide the grant AFTER the course)
Participants are required to bring their own laptop, tablet or smartphone to the course to be able to access the course material electronically.
Health & Safety Regulations
All participants must follow the COVID 19 regulations* below.
ESMO will apply COVID-19 regulations according to the latest local authority guidelines and requirements.
To enter the course venue, faculty, delegates and staff will be required to show:
- A certificate providing evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 with either the last dose of the primary vaccination having being administered in the last 9 months or with a booster dose having being administered at any timepoint, with a vaccine approved by WHO (the list can be found here)
- A certificate showing proof of recovery from COVID-19 in the last 6 months
Additionally, for all it is requested:
- Proof of negative PCR test not older than 72 hours or rapid antigen test not older than 48 hours.
The above-mentioned certificates will be checked at the entrance door.
In addition, the following health and hygiene measures will be applied:
- Hydro-alcoholic gel will be made available outside the rooms/at specific points
- Wearing face masks is compulsory inside the hotel/meeting room
Please note that each faculty member, delegate and staff, need to follow also the specific country COVID-19 regulations approved by the local authorities, if more restrictive than the ESMO regulations.
*Any changes to the COVID 19 regulations will be communicated on this webpage.