The ESMO Colloquia are innovative sessions within the Congress programme that bring together top experts to discuss evolving areas of interest to the oncology community.
The Colloquia are organised by ESMO and supported by the industry in a unique collaboration making them the perfect complement to the scientific and education programme of the Congress.
Saturday, 18 September 2021, 18:45 - 20:15 CEST (Central European Summer Time)
How to optimise efficacy and safety of targeted agent/IO management strategies in advanced solid tumours: Single agents, combinations and biomarkers
This educational activity is provided by ESMO and supported by Eisai Europe Ltd
- To provide an update on the efficacy of new combination regimens integrating VEGFR TKIs with immune checkpoint inhibitors in hepatoma, renal and endometrial cancer.
- To provide clinical and molecular decision-making algorithms in order to assist the oncologist in optimal therapeutic choices for their patients among the variety of combination and monotherapy modalities.
- To optimize the proactive and reactive management of side effects with compliance improvement in patients treated with targeted agent/IO combinations.
Monday, 20 September 2021, 08:45-10:15 CEST (Central European Summer Time)
Multiplex biomarker profiling in contemporary oncology: From testing to understanding and impacting
This educational activity is provided by ESMO and co-supported by Thermo Fisher Scientific and Eli Lilly
- To provide an update on available technologies for multiplex molecular testing and on their recommended uses in clinical practice.
- To provide insights on actionability, evidence for patient benefit from tumour molecular profiling as well as optimal organization of molecular tumour boards.
- To highlight implementation barriers and knowledge gaps related to tumour molecular profiling in practice and propose remedial strategies.