Activities such as internal meetings involving Congress delegates, press conferences, educational or promotional activities taking place either in or outside the congress centre but concomitant with or during breaks in the official ESMO Congress educational and scientific programme are subject to ESMO approval.
Full description of meeting spaces regulations can be found in the Industry Guidelines, pages 20-22.
Meetings can be organised from Thursday, 17 September to Tuesday, 22 September from 07.00 to 20.00. The meeting rooms can be booked via the Meeting Room Booking System only. Booking requests can be submitted as of 3 February 2020 until 14 August 2020.
If you book a meeting space independently, NOT through ESMO, you are requested to submit meeting approval:
We recommend using this tool with the latest version of Internet browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer). If you are using an out-of-date browser or a version of Internet Explorer less than 10, you may experience some issues when accessing the tool.
The following requirements must be respected
- Meeting “is closed” and by invitation only
- Maximum attendance is 35 guests
- Meeting is not promoted in the congress centre or in any ESMO 2020 publications
- Small meetings may take place in parallel with the official ESMO Congress educational and scientific programme provided they do not involve groups larger than 35 people
- If you plan to have an ESMO 2020 Speaker at your session make sure your chosen meeting slot does not conflict with his/her session(s)
- Media should not be invited and are not permitted to attend the meeting
Clear identification of meeting organizer, meeting purpose, number of participants, date and time must be submitted for approval to ESMO at least 6 weeks prior to the event. Meetings rooms will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The spaces will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The meeting spaces will be given in a specific layout, changes will be possible upon approval and extra charge. Any set-up and dismantling time needed for the Closed Industry Meeting must be included in the reserved slot of time.
- The rental of the rooms will not include any technical equipment. Further information regarding technical equipment orders will be available in March 2020.
- A roll-up can be placed outside the rooms for full day reservations only. For bookings for less than one day no signage is allowed. All the roll-ups should be removed at the end of the meeting. No other type of signage is allowed.
- Registration table outside the rooms will be subject to the Venue’s approval.
Meeting rooms’ venues and floorplans
Meeting spaces will be available at IFEMA:
Additional meeting spaces will be available nearby the Congress venue:
- Palacio Municipal - 5 minutes walking distance from IFEMA - floorplans
- Hotel Novotel - 5 minutes walking distance from IFEMA - floorplans
- Hotel Pullman - 5 minutes walking distance from IFEMA - floorplans
- Hotel Melia Barajas - 10 minutes by car/shuttle from IFEMA - floorplans
- Hotel Melia Avenida America - 10 minutes by car/shuttle from IFEMA - floorplans
ESMO will organise shuttle services to connect IFEMA with the Melia Barajas and the Melia Avenida America. Detailed timetable will be available online by beginning May.
Access to meeting rooms at IFEMA and Palacio Municipal
Meeting’s attendees not registered to the Congress can access private meeting spaces with a day ticket.
Day tickets can be purchased online from mid-August and if you need support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that attendees without a badge will not be able to access the above venues for security reasons. If your meeting is scheduled very early in the morning, please make sure that badges are collected in advance.