- To recognize the different modalities of molecular assays needed for contemporary practice of precision oncology.
- To determine the different technologies available for biomarker testing and the context where these technologies are most effective, depending on the nature of the biomarker and the availability of biological samples.
- To comprehend the different modalities of cfDNA testing and their applications in disease monitoring, development of resistance and minimal residual disease assessment.
- To recognize the applications of multiplex immunophenotyping, spatial transcriptomics and artificial intelligence applied to tissue samples.
- To define the contribution of multidisciplinary teams and tumour boards for therapy decision making.
Download the preliminary programme
How to apply
Application is via online form. During the application process you will be required to upload the following:
- Your CV including a list of your publications
Applications for the course are now closed.
Who can apply?
While this course is primarily aimed at experienced oncologists resident in Europe, application is open to all ESMO members.
To apply, ESMO membership is mandatory. If you are not an ESMO member, or need to renew your membership, please visit the ESMO membership pages.
All participants must follow the COVID 19 regulations* below.
ESMO will apply COVID-19 regulations according to the latest local authority guidelines and requirements.
To enter the hotel/meeting venue, faculty, delegates, sponsors and staff will be required to show:
- A certificate providing evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (WHO and EMA approved vaccines),
- A certificate showing proof of recovery from COVID-19 in the last 6 months
Additionally, for all it is requested:
- Proof of negative PCR test or rapid antigen test not older than 48 hours.
The above-mentioned certificates will be checked at the entrance door.
In addition, the following health and hygiene measures will be applied:
- Hydro-alcoholic gel will be made available outside the rooms/at specific points
- Wearing face masks is compulsory inside the hotel/meeting room
Note: All people entering CH, are required to complete an online entry form - Please click here.
*Any changes to the COVID 19 regulations will be communicated on this webpage.
Successful applicants will benefit from complimentary course registration and accommodation.
In addition to the course registration and the hotel accommodation, a travel grant of maximum 600 euros is offered to selected applicants as a contribution versus their travel costs. The reimbursement will be processed after the course against original invoices/vouchers. Please be aware that visa costs are NOT covered by the travel grant and are the participant's responsibility.
The programme of this event has been accredited with 9 ESMO-MORA category 1 points. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. Recertification guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and continues to possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. For further details, please refer to ESMO-MORA Recertification Process & Requirements.
Federica Di Nicolantonio, Italy
Jorge Reis-Filho, United States
Venue and accommodation
Mövenpick Hotel Zürich Airport
Walter Mittelholzerstrasse 8