- To recognize the different modalities of molecular assays needed for contemporary practice of precision oncology.
- To determine the different technologies available for biomarker testing and the context where these technologies are most effective, depending on the nature of the biomarker and the availability of biological samples.
- To comprehend the different modalities of cfDNA testing and their applications in disease monitoring, development of resistance and minimal residual disease assessment.
- To recognize the applications of multiplex immunophenotyping, spatial transcriptomics and artificial intelligence applied to tissue samples.
- To define the contribution of multidisciplinary teams and tumour boards for therapy decision making.
Download the preliminary programme
How to apply
Application is via online form. During the application process you will be required to upload the following:
- Your CV including a list of your publications
Application for the course will close on Tuesday, 28 September 2021.
Who can apply?
While this course is primarily aimed at experienced oncologists resident in Europe, application is open to all ESMO members.
To apply, ESMO membership is mandatory. If you are not an ESMO member, or need to renew your membership, please visit the ESMO membership pages.
Successful applicants will benefit from complimentary course registration and accommodation.
In addition to the course registration and the hotel accommodation, a travel grant of maximum 600 euros is offered to selected applicants as a contribution versus their travel costs. The reimbursement will be processed after the course against original invoices/vouchers. Please be aware that visa costs are NOT covered by the travel grant and are the participant's responsibility.
The programme of this event will be accredited with ESMO-MORA category 1 points. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. Recertification guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and continues to possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. For further details, please refer to ESMO-MORA Recertification Process & Requirements.
Federica Di Nicolantonio, Italy
Jorge Reis-Filho, United States
Venue and accommodation
Mövenpick Hotel Zürich Airport
Walter Mittelholzerstrasse 8