Established in November 1999, Sunway Medical Centre is an Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) and Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) accredited private hospital in Malaysia. Located in the smart sustainable Sunway City, Sunway Medical Centre is surrounded by an ecosystem that will inspire a healthy, safe and interconnected society for generations to come. This includes the Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, Sunway Pyramid mall, Sunway Lagoon theme park, Sunway University and Monash University, which are all within walking distance from the hospital.
As one of the leading private tertiary medical care centres in the country, Sunway Medical Centre has a total of 533 licensed beds (with total capacity of 633 beds), 180 consultation suites and 12 operating theatres.
Sunway Medical Centre offers a comprehensive range of medical services, which include facilities and advanced medical technologies for outpatient and inpatient specialty care, health and wellness programmes and 24-hour emergency services.
We are affiliated with University of Cambridge, Royal Papworth Hospital, Harvard Medical School and Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Monash University Malaysia to further meet the demands of medical education, training and research.
Sunway Cancer Centre offers a wide range of services for diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The centre is equipped with the revolutionary and advanced technology, such as the Varian TrueBeam STx, da Vinci surgical system, Zeiss Intrabeam IORT, Elekta Brachytherapy, Siemens
xSPECT-CT and Leksell Gamma Knife Icon.
Other centres of excellence that provide expert multidisciplinary care in our hospital include our Cardiac and Vascular Centre, Bone and Joint Centre, Digestive Health Centre, Women and Children Services including Fertility Centre, and Eye Centre.
- Addiction Therapy
- Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery
- Breast & Breast Reconstructive Surgery
- Breast & Endocrine Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Clinical Oncology
- Clinical Psychology
- Cornea & External Eye Disease
- Ear, Nose & Throat, Head & Neck Surgery
- Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- General Surgery
- General Orthopaedic Surgery
- General & Colorectal Surgery
- General & Hepatobiliary Surgery
- General & Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Hand and Microsurgery
- Internal Medicine
- Maxillofacial & Facial Reconstructive Surgery
- Medical Oncology: Chemotherapy, Hormone therapy, Immunotherapy Nephrology
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Occupational Health
- Orthopaedic Oncology Surgery
- Palliative Care
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Paediatric Cardiology
- Paediatric Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
- Paediatric Neurology
- Paediatric Rheumatology
- Pain Management
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Respiratory Medicine
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Spine Surgery
Palliative and supportive care
Sunway Medical Centre is committed in supporting our cancer patients holistically throughout their cancer journey, including providing bereavement care. Our Supportive and Palliative Care Service is a consultant- led service, consisting of trained and experienced palliative care doctors and nurses. We consult our patients in both outpatient clinic setting and inpatient ward settings.
Our services include:
- Pain and complex symptom management
- End-of-life care for terminally ill and dying patients, with emphasis on dignity and comfort
- Psycho-social support for our patients, their families, loved ones and care- givers
- Bereavement support for bereaved family members and care-givers
- Complex wound management
- Liaison with community hospice organisations for home palliative care
- Liaison with home nursing providers
- Comprehensive patient care using a multidisciplinary approach via liaison with various allied health teams like physiotherapy, dietetics, occupational therapy, counsellors and clinical psychologists