Platinum Oncology Care was founded in 2010 by Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Bastawisy, NCI, Cairo University who built a multidisciplinary team of highly trained medical and paramedical staff, providing high quality of Oncology Care, covering a full scope of cancer prevention, early detection, multidisciplinary oncological treatment, rehabilitation and palliative care as well as cancer education and awareness for patients, caregivers, public, and health care professionals. In addition to a well-established research unit that included several international clinical trials.
It is considered to be one of the biggest private oncology centers in the Middle East, that is offering its services to patients from all over Egypt and internationally, with a great respect and equality to cultural, national and religious differences.
The Platinum Oncology Care team includes 25 certified physicians in different specialties dedicated to the care of cancer patients: Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Haematologists, Palliative care, Internal Medicine, Pain Management, Nutrition, Psychiatry, and Infection Control. Along with 6 certified Clinical Pharmacists and 7 certified Nurses, Radiological and laboratory services are available both onsite and offsite. Platinum Oncology Care collaborates with many international molecular and genetics labs to ensure accuracy of results and provide personalized decisions within the scope of integrated oncology and palliative care.
The center does its best to offer patients a unique service through its highly-qualified medical team, a strong commitment to quality and a well-established medical infrastructure through:
- Out-patient's Clinics: providing its daily services through high caliber certified Cancer Specialists and Consultants, different clinics are available (Medical Oncology, Radiotherapy, Hematology, Internal Medicine, Interventional Oncology, surgical Oncology, Physiotherapy and rehabilitation, Cancer Screening, Palliative Care Service, Pain Management, Psycho-Oncology and Nutrition).
- Chemotherapy Unit: equipped with all the needed facilities for safe preparation and accurate delivery of chemotherapy for (e.g. Electronic Infusion Pumps, Scalp Coolers) chemotherapy is delivered by highly trained specialized nurses and continuously supervised with certified Medical Oncologists and clinical Pharmacists.
- Inpatient unit: This includes dedicated beds located offsite, in most reputable hospitals in variable districts in Cairo, to provide our patient with the best elite care close to their residency with complete close follow up and care from our team. The inpatient section is served with a dedicated clinical pharmacy unit, radiology facilities including computed tomography, 24-hour labs, intensive care unit, kidney dialysis and physiotherapy, Radiological and laboratory services are available within the same facility, providing diagnostic services as well as minor interventional procedures.
- Clinical pharmacy Unit: Provides oversight and care plan through raising the standard of care of systemic treatment including chemo, immune and targeted therapies prepared under complete aseptic conditions through the most advanced version Laminar class II BII.
- Radiological and Laboratory: services are available both onsite and offsite, providing diagnostic services as well as minor interventional procedures.
Areas of specialisation
The Center has a professional multidisciplinary team of medical practitioners including many specialties, each with a specific area of expertise within the oncology field. All the provided treatment and services are delivered according to the most recent treatment guidelines.
We have a collaboration between the different medical specialties to provide the best care and amenities to the patients:
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Palliative Care
- Pain Clinic
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Therapy
- Clinical Nutrition
- Interventional Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
- Research Unit
Palliative and supportive care
Palliative and supportive care is a crucial component of our cancer care program, including pain management, palliative care, psycho-oncology, nutrition, social workers and physiotherapists. Services are provided by a multidisciplinary team of ; physicians, Palliative care consultants, psychologists and psychiatrists, radiotherapists, surgeons, nurses, paramedics and social workers, ensuring the best palliative and supportive care to our patients
A supportive care program is offered to all patients from initial consultation and throughout the course of the disease. Every health professional has a training in supportive care to help them detect and respond to patients' needs or requests.
All professionals of palliative and supportive care unit can be required either by oncologists, nurses, patients or family members or general practitioners. Pain, psychological distress, other physical and psychological symptoms, are regularly assessed (scales), treated and followed up. The needs of patients' relatives are also taken into account. General practitioners and home professionals are also involved, while the spiritual support is organized with respect to the major religions.