The ESMO Young Oncologists Committee has five open positions with mandates starting on 1 January 2020, for an initial period of 2 years.
Applicants must be:
- Under 40 years age
- Working in Europe (can be of non-European nationality, but place of work must be a European country. We will be announcing opportunities for international applications in due course)
- Be an ESMO Member
- Be a medical or clinical oncologist – either in training or specialised
- Available to attend the next committee meeting taking place on the morning of Friday 27 September 2020 in Barcelona (at the ESMO Congress)
How to apply
Only application submitted before the deadline of 7 July 2019 at 23:59 CEST were considered.
Application is via online form. During the application process you will be required to upload the following:
- ESMO ID
- CV with list of publications
- Motivation Letter
- Details of your involvement with ESMO
- Details of involvement with your national society and national YO group activities (if there is a YO group in your country)
Applications are now closed.
Applications will be reviewed by the Young Oncologist Committee. In the selection process we will be looking at:
- Compatibility with the job description
- Motivational letter and your initiative to drive projects and work with others in a group.
- Network with young oncologists in your country
Preference will be given to applicants working in countries which are NOT covered by the members of the Young Oncologists Committee.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome by mid August.
Not for you but know someone that you think would be a perfect candidate for the YOC? Please share this page and encourage them to apply.