Clinical Research Fellowship
Clinical Unit Visit Fellowship
Training Experience Required
Proficient in written and spoken English
GMC Full registration
MBBS and MRCP or acceptable equivalent
At least two years post graduate training in medical oncology in a recognised Cancer Centre/Unit.
Essential: Proficient in written and spoken English.
The Royal Marsden is a world-leading cancer centre specialising in diagnosis, treatment, care, education and research. The hospital is located across 2 sites- Chelsea, London and Sutton, Surrey.
The Royal Marsden, together with its academic partner, The Institute of Cancer Research (ICR), is designated as the UK’s only Specialist Biomedical Research Centre for Cancer. We continue to develop novel technologies and therapies for patients, based on the latest ground-breaking cancer research. At any one time, The Royal Marsden is involved in around 750 clinical trials, of which about 550 are open to recruitment.
- Individual tumour units with active clinical fellow programmes including gynaecological cancers, renal, melanoma, GI, lung, prostate and drug development
- Clinical trials portfolio focuses on scientifically-driven trials and includes phase I-III trials
- Multidisciplinary team approach
- Drug Development Unit: one of the largest facilities in the world dedicated to phase I trials
- Centre for Molecular Pathology- world-class research facility that will revolutionise how we diagnose and treat cancer
Each fellow will have an active role in the management of patients treated within clinical trials. Fellows will also have the opportunity to contribute to the research portfolio with his/her individual project leading to abstracts and publications.