Translational Research Fellowship
Training Experience Required
- The candidate must hold a medical degree (MD), have completed his/her training and already have at least one year experience in Medical Oncology, with interest in Breast Cancer
- The candidate must be under the age of 40
- The candidate must be proficient in English (knowledge of French, an asset)
- Skills in molecular biology and biostatistics are assets
The Institut Jules Bordet, an Integrated Multidisciplinary Center, is the only autonomous hospital in Belgium totally dedicated to cancer.
It covers both cancer screening and clinical care, is involved in research activities and is at the same time a teaching hospital at a high level.
The “Breast Cancer Translational Research Laboratory J.C. Heuson” (BCTL) directed by Pr. Christos Sotiriou MD, PhD, is located at the Institut Jules Bordet (Université Libre de Bruxelles - ULB).
It uses several molecular approaches to gain a better understanding of breast tumour genesis and the mechanisms involved in breast cancer drug resistance, acting in liaison between the basic research laboratory and clinical research to ensure faster application of findings from basic science to the clinic. The BCTL team has an extensive experience using genomics, and has developed several prognostic and predictive signatures in Breast Cancer. His team includes +/- 15 people including a bio-engineer, doctors in Sciences, technicians, medical oncologists, bio-informaticians, PhD Fellows and post-docs.
- Translational research laboratories
- Affymetrix technology
- Illumina sequencer
- Prognostic and predictive markers for response to therapy in breast cancer