- Translational Research Fellowship
- Clinical Research Fellowship
- Clinical Unit Visit Fellowship
Training Experience Required
- Hold a medical degree (MD), or a M. Sc. in Basic Sciences and have at least one year of post-graduate training in oncology,
- Be proficient in English and/or German
- Provide reference letters by two referees chosen by the applicant
Charité is one of the largest university hospitals in Europe. More than half of the German Nobel Prize winners in medicine and physiology come from the Charité. The Charité also has an international reputation for excellence in training. It extends over four campuses with more than 100 clinics and institutes bundled under 17 Charité Centres. The Charité Comprehensive Cancer Centre (CCCC) is a clinical and scientific unit that coordinates interdisciplinary patient care as well as research, education and training in the field of oncology.
The CCCC networks all Charité Centres involved in cancer diagnosis and treatment within interdisciplinary organ tumour centres and cancer core units. The CCCC pursues high-quality cancer care by means of consistent and standardised interdisciplinary diagnostic and therapeutic modalities combined with oncologic aftercare and rehabilitation, together with up-to-date strategies for prevention and early detection of malignancies. At the CCCC, holistic care for cancer patients is particularly encouraged and continuously developed through a close collaboration with and the involvement of the entire supply chain, including general practitioners and specialists, hospitals, psychosocial support, cancer self-support groups and hospices. Cancer patients treated at the CCCC can, furthermore, benefit from the quick implementation of innovative diagnostic and therapeutic approaches due to an intensive collaboration with clinical and experimental research groups in the Berlin area (e.g. the Max-Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, the Max-Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics).
- Interdisciplinary Ambulatory Care for Tumour Patients
- Interdisciplinary Tumour Conferences
- Clinical Trials
- Oncological Training Programs (e. g. Berlin School of Integrative Oncology – BSIO)
- Psycho-oncological Counseling
- Supportive Offers
- Health-related Prevention