Publication date: 13 September 2022
The Institut Jules Bordet
Rue Meylemeersch, 90
The Institut Jules Bordet is an integrated multi-disciplinary centre, unique in Belgium and with an international reputation. The hospital is an academic non-for-profit organisation devoted entirely to patients affected by cancer.
The Clinical Trials Support Unit (CTSU) is a department of the Institut Jules Bordet and fights cancer through the design, set-up and conduct of innovative clinical studies that matters for patients.
With an experience of more than 20 years, we, at the CTSU, propose a wide range of services in clinical study management, from scientific support to operational activities. We promote an academic research while encouraging collaborations with other academic partners and pharmaceutical companies.
The IJB-CTSU is seeking a motivated Quality Assurance Officer for a full-time position (1 FTE).
Quality Assurance Officer
The Quality Assurance Officer works with the Quality Manager to ensure that clinical trials processes are conducted in accordance with GCP, guidelines and external partner’s contracts in place.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft quality assurance policies and procedures in collaboration with the CTSU teams;
- Communicate quality standards, procedures and specifications (quality management system);
- Ensure timely review and maintenance of CTSU Standard Operating Procedures (CTSU SOP) in accordance with the defined timelines;
- Draft CTSU SOP in close collaboration with CTSU teams;
- Ensures IJB CTSU activities are carried out according to the Standard Operating Procedures, and ICH GCP regulations, study protocols, and study specific manuals and procedures;
- Review essential study documents and organise training of study teams on these documents;
- Provide support to Operation Staff on the application of, and adherence to processes and day to day use of CTSU procedures, templates and guidelines;
- Maintain job descriptions, CVs and training records for CTSU employees up-to-date.
The Quality Assurance officer reports to the Quality Manager.
- Holds a degree in a field relevant to the proposed position
- Relevant experience (minimum 1 year) in quality management
- Knowledge of ICH-GCP and EU Directives applicable to Clinical Trials
- Relevant experience in the Clinical Research field is an asset
Skills and competencies
- English proficiency (written and oral)
- Advanced writing skills including ability to summarize information and to provide clear instructions to non-specialist audience;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (knowledge of Access ® is an asset);
- Ability to work as a team member or independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize multiple and varied tasks efficiently and accurately;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning;
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Full-time position (1 FTE)
- Long term contract (CDI)
- Opportunities for on-going professional development
- Position based in IJB-CTSU: Rue Meylemeersch, 90 (Rez Haut Nord), 1070 Anderlecht
For more information on the available position and environment, please click here.
How to apply
Contact person: Justine Severs
Deadline for application is 31 December 2022.
It is the Advertisers' responsibility to ensure that any material submitted for inclusion on this section of the ESMO website complies with all relevant laws and regulations (including the Data Protection Act 1998).
Individuals applying for the position above should make direct contact with the institution making the offer and are responsible to verify the validity of the offer. The European Society for Medical Oncology will not accept responsibility for any error, omission or inaccuracy in any job advertising materials on this section of the website.
Submissions from individuals seeking jobs/positions will not be accepted.