Publication date: 12 September 2022
The Institut Jules Bordet
Rue Meylemeersch, 90
The Data Manager (DM) ensures that the right information is collected during a clinical trial and that data is accurate. This is achieved through careful design of the data collection tools, methodology for interrogating the data and close liaison with the other study management functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the study database according to the protocol and the contract
- Design the Case Report Form
- Support the department development of documentation and process improvement:
- Write or contribute to preparation of key plans, working instructions, guidelines for the department
- Write or contribute to preparation of study protocol, informed consent forms and clinical research documents
- File study documents in the trial master file
- Provide input into Clinical Data Management System requirements, assuring protocol and/or contract requirements are met
- Collect data generated during the study
- Implement risk management strategies and contingency plans for clinical study deliverables
- Share data management status and issues with the study team
- Ensure studies are carried out according to the study protocol, SOPs, and ICH GCP regulations and study specific manuals and procedures
- Prepare/clean data for analyses
The Data Manager reports to the Associate Head of CTSU Operations.
- Holds a degree in the biomedical, paramedical or scientific field
- Knowledge of ICH-GCP and EU Directives applicable to Clinical Trials
- Relevant experience in the Clinical Research field is an asset
Skills and competencies
- English proficiency (written and oral)
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to drive, manage and prioritize multiple and varied tasks efficiently and accurately
- Ability to work as a team member or independently with minimal supervision
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Effective at analysing problems considering the “big picture” and recommending appropriate corrective actions
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Full time position
- 6 months fixed-term contract, renewable
- Start date as soon as possible
For more information on the available position and environment, please click here.
How to apply
Contact person: Justine Severs
Deadline for application is 31 December 2022.
It is the Advertisers' responsibility to ensure that any material submitted for inclusion on this section of the ESMO website complies with all relevant laws and regulations (including the Data Protection Act 1998).
Individuals applying for the position above should make direct contact with the institution making the offer and are responsible to verify the validity of the offer. The European Society for Medical Oncology will not accept responsibility for any error, omission or inaccuracy in any job advertising materials on this section of the website.
Submissions from individuals seeking jobs/positions will not be accepted.