ESMO is seeking applications for the position of Editor-in-Chief for the four ESMO Journal titles below:
- Annals of Oncology
- ESMO Open
- ESMO Gastrointestinal Oncology – new title to be launched 2023
- ESMO Real World Data and Digital Oncology – new title to be launched 2023
Full job descriptions for each position are provided on the links above.
Application Deadline: 12 December 2022
Applications should satisfy the below criteria:
- Have an excellent scientific track record in medical oncology and its underlying sciences, with a strong record of publication. For ESMO Gastrointestinal Oncology – must be a specialist with expertise in gastrointestinal cancers.
- Have substantial and recent experience in managing or conducting research of international quality.
- Be an MD and PhD (or similar degree).
- Have an excellent international network amongst researchers.
- Have good written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Be strongly supportive of ESMO’s mission to advance cancer care and cure.
- Have strong links with ESMO.
- Be a member of the Society.
To apply, please provide in English only and by 12 December 2022
- A letter of motivation of maximum five pages outlining your vision and strategy for the journal.
- A CV of maximum three pages, please include details of any positions you have held with other journals and your publication metrics (including h-index and number of citations).
- An appendix with details of your ten most important publications.
- Short biography (not more than 600 words).
- Contact details, including e-mail address, and telephone numbers.
- Provide a letter from the employing institution indicating its support for the prospective candidate in taking up the position.
Candidates should also provide or update their Declaration of Interest (DOI) statement through the ESMO DOI platform, and confirm that they understand that they may be subject to a due diligence background check performed by an independent third party provider appointed by ESMO.
NB: Applications that do not fulfil the above criteria will not be considered or answered.
Please send your application by e-mail only to the attention of Prof. Andrés Cervantes email@example.com.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend a (face to face) interview in Zurich on 25 or 26 January 2023.