ESMO Clinical Research Fellowships
This fellowship provides young oncologists with valuable training in clinical research in renowned European cancer centres and supports efforts to expand professional networks through collaboration with institutions of excellence.
The fellowship provides the necessary support to develop clinical oncology research projects and the opportunity to further enhance professional skills and competencies in oncology.
|Clinical Research Fellowship||3 May 2017|
The Clinical Research Fellowships are designed to:
- Provide training in clinical research in renowned European cancer centres
- Support efforts to expand professional networks through collaboration with institutions of excellence
- Provide the necessary support to develop clinical oncology research projects
Amount and duration
- 40,000€ for one year - the host institute will receive 1,000€ for administration costs
Number of fellowships
- One Clinical Research Fellowship available per year, to be started within the year awarded.
Please read the full Guidelines and Application Instructions for Research Fellowships before starting your application.
- Be an ESMO member age 40 or under at the time of application
- Be an oncologist with at least two years of clinical experience in internal medicine or medical, radiation or surgical oncology
- Be proficient in English
Application must include:
- Completed application form
- Digital portrait photograph
- Detailed clinical research project proposal including timelines
- Motivation letter, including project goals and how the acquired techniques will be used in the home institute/country
- Acceptance letter from the person responsible for the project at the host facility (mentor)
- Letter of recommendation from the candidate’s department head at home institute
Application review process:
Applications are reviewed by the ESMO Fellowship and Award Committee which comprises leaders in the oncology field. The committee will evaluate and score all aspects of the application, and in particular focus on:
- The extent and level of previous education
- Motivation letter
- Other professional training and publications
- Research project
- Quality of the application, overall strategy, methodology, and proposed analyses of the research data as well as and appropriateness to accomplish the specific aims within the grant term. Feasibility of the project given the time frame and the budget
The candidate’s supervisors in both the host and home institute should preferably be Full ESMO members.
Important: All applications must be submitted in English; incomplete applications will not be accepted; applicants will be notified about the result approximately one month after the application deadline.