How do I apply for ESMO membership?
How can I apply?
Before you get started, you must have a myESMO account.
You will have a myESMO account if you have participated at an ESMO organised event in the past. If you can’t remember your login details please contact the Membership Services Team – select 'Membership'
Once you have created your account you will be sent an email which contains your username and the validation link in order for you to set your password and activate your account.
When you have done this, you will arrive on your myESMO profile page.
Click on the Become a Member button on the top right of your screen to apply.
At ESMO Membership Services Desks at events
If you are attending an event where we are present, please visit the ESMO Membership Services booth where you can apply for membership on site. At the desks you can then pay for your membership either by credit card or cash. Find out where the ESMO membership booth will be next!
Before you apply be sure you have everything you need!
Membership application checklist:
- If sponsored by an ESMO member you will need their Last name and ESMO ID
- If you are a medical doctor, and member of a European national medical oncology society, check and see if you are eligible to receive a discount on your membership fee
- If you are not sponsored or a member of a society with which we have a membership agreement in place, or a member of ASCO, MOGA, SLACOM, JSMO or CSCO, you will be asked to upload your updated Curriculum Vitae in English in Word or PDF format
- If you are a Patient Advocate, you will need to upload your Curriculum Vitae and a letter from the patient advocacy organisation confirming that you are affiliated to them – in Word or PDF format
- If you are a Nurse you will need to upload your Curriculum Vitae in Word or PDF format
- If you are a Basic Scientist, Statistician, Data Specialist or Pharmacist and not sponsored by an ESMO Member you will need to upload your Curriculum Vitae in Word or PDF format
- All other Healthcare professionals, will be requested to upload their Curriculum Vitae in Word or PDF format – the application will be reviewed by the Membership Committee in order to determine the appropriate membership fee
- If you are an undergraduate medical or science student you must upload a copy of your student card or other proof of student status in Word or PDF format
- Have your credit card (Visa, Mastercard recommended) ready in order to pay online and activate your membership immediately. You can also elect to pay by bank transfer.