IMPAKT 2014: Programme
IMPAKT 2014 is designed for breast cancer researchers and clinicians who have a specific interest in translational research, new agents, molecular and functional diagnostics, biomarkers and cutting-edge research applications in the clinical setting.
The programme can also benefit scientists, medical oncologists, breast surgeons, pathologists, imaging specialists, radiation oncologists, and other professionals involved in breast cancer research.
- Patient-derived xenografts: dissecting the mechanisms of resistance to systemic therapies
- Liquid biopsy: Monitoring tumour-derived cell-free DNA, miRNA,CTCs and exosomes in patients with breast cancer
- Nanotechnology approaches for the treatment and diagnosis of breast cancer
- Pathways for drug discovery and development: from next generation genomics to next generation therapies
- NUMB3RS and mathematical modeling to map the subway of biological networks
- Metastatic dormancy: investigating early dissemination and tumour cell quiescence
- Provide information on the myriad discoveries that already have or will have impact on breast cancer research and treatment in the near future
- Discuss on perspective of preclinical models for breast cancer drug development
- Discuss on potential clinical values in patients with breast cancer from a liquid biopsy
- Define critical hurdles in cancer immunology and the successful translation into immunotherapy for cancer
- Provide an update on modelling and capturing the molecular networks to genetically map biological pathways in cancer
- Put into clinical perspective observations on metastatic dormancy processes in breast cancer patients
- Provide an update on prognostic genomic tests in breast cancer practice
- Provide an update and elaborate on expectations from new drugs and clinical trial approaches in the field of breast cancer
Benefits of attending
- Receive a high scientific-level overview of ongoing translational research in the field of breast cancer and exchange opinions with breast cancer researchers, scientists and clinicians
- Top expert will put in perspective advances on a molecular level exploited for clinical purposes
- To stay up to date with scientific progress in breast cancer research as the therapeutic road from the laboratory to the clinic shortens
- To focus on premier data and technologies that sharpen the knife of molecular dissection and define the cellular structures that determine responsiveness to novel therapies
- Present your research data to a high-profile audience of international experts, where the focus is on hot topics in breast cancer research which are of interest to multiple disciplines
- Encourages breast cancer team integration with enhanced discussions amongst specialists through the facilitation of networking opportunities
ESMO-MORA: The conference programme has been accredited with 12 ESMO-MORA category 1 points. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. It also guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and still possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology.
CME: The IMPAKT Conference has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. The EACCME is an institution of the
European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS).
The IMPAKT Conference is designated for a maximum of 11 hours of European external CME credits. Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity. Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit.
The Conference webcast include all the session of the official programme, where speaker permission is granted, and will be available here and on OncologyPro for ESMO Members.