ELCC 2016: Programme
The European Lung Cancer Conference is organised by top academic experts in lung cancer and thoracic malignancies.
The conference is relevant for medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, thoracic surgeons, respiratory physicians, and other medical professionals involved in the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of patients with lung cancer.
- To advance the quality of lung cancer treatment through providing a regular knowledge update to lung cancer and other thoracic oncology specialists on different multidisciplinary topics important for clinical practice
- To discuss the increasing understanding of molecular biology and immunology of lung tumours and how it changes the diagnostic and treatment landscape
- To present the latest advances in translational and clinical research in different settings across lung and other thoracic malignancies
Main themes 2016
- The IASLC new staging system
- The new WHO classification
- New steps in the treatment of molecularly defined NSCLC
- Screening (and reimbursement issues)
- Stereotactic RT and minimally invasive local treatments
- Medical oncologists
- Thoracic surgeons
- Respiratory physicians / Pneumologists
- Interventional radiologists
ESMO-MORA: The conference programme has been submitted for ESMO-MORA category 1 points accreditation. Recertification is necessary for medical oncologists to remain professionally certified by ESMO. It also guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and still possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology. See here for further details.
CME: The ELCC 2016 programme will also be submitted for accreditation to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found online here.
The conference webcasts will include all the session of the official programme, where speaker permission is granted, and will be available on this website and OncologyPRO for ESMO members.