ESMO General Assembly
The General Assembly consists of all voting members of the Society.
|2013 General Assembly|
|The 2013 General Assembly was held on 27 September 2013, during the European Cancer Congress.|
The General Assembly has the following powers which must not be delegated:
- Approval of the annual report of the President, the audited annual financial statement as well as the discharge of the Executive Board and of the external Auditors;
- Ratification of the election of the President-Elect which is carried out by electronic ballot vote (pursuant to Article 66 Para. 2 of the Swiss Civil Code and in accordance with Article 10 of these Bylaws) prior to the meeting of the General Assembly and also the resignation or removal of the President or President-Elect;
- Election and removal of the external Auditors;
- Amendments to these Bylaws;
- Resolutions regarding the liquidation of the Society and its assets;
- Resolutions regarding all items on the agenda of the General Assembly;
- Resolutions regarding items under its authority subject to these Bylaws or subject to mandatory Swiss Law.
The General Assembly is chaired by the President or, if unavailable, by the President-elect, and deliberates the items listed on the agenda.
- Composed of all members of the Society
- Convened in written form (mail or electronic), by the ESMO President once a year during the ESMO Congress
- Presided by the President
- Only ESMO Full, Junior, and Honorary members have the right to vote
- All decisions, except for other statutory rules, are calculated by a simple majority and an open show of hands