Fourth European Advocacy in Action Forum during the 2013 European Cancer Congress
ESMO and Vital Options International present the 4th European Advocacy In Action® Forum, bringing together influential leaders from the cancer advocacy community.
2013 European Advocacy in Action videos: Patients: Quality of Life, Compliance & Clinical Trials
There are 15 separate videos. To view the entire selection of videos, please select 'Playlist' from the left-hand corner of the control bar at the top of the video below. Scroll down to get the individual video titles.
Palliative care & quality of life care:
1. Redefining palliative care
2. The role & challenges of the advocate community
3. The cultural barriers of palliative care
4. The role of palliative care for a dignified death
5. How the advocate community can help physicians
Cancer patient compliance: whose responsibility?
6. What are the challenges of the medical community?
7. What is the role of the oncology nurse?
8. The importance of Doctor approachability
9. The role of advocates in compliance
Building knowledge & competencies for patient involvement in clinical trials:
10. Public policy impact on access to clinical trials
11. Improving clinical trial information flow with patient-centered registries
12. Challenges to clinical trial access for rare cancers
13. How molecular advances affect clinical trial access
14. A Joint Venture: patients, researchers & regulatory bodies,
15. The role of the research advocate
The Forum was co-organised by the ESMO Cancer Patient Working Group and the producer, Vital Options International, in collaboration with the ECCO Patient Advisory Committee.
These videos are kindly provided by Vital Options International but do not necessarily represent official opinions by ESMO.
Advocacy in Action® is a new Vital Options video production that supports and highlights the objectives of the cancer advocacy community and captures the influential voice of patient advocacy in the US and Europe.